We're building a new kind of team. One made up of pioneers, creators and makers; of those excited to run head-on into the challenges facing the world's most respected brands. This team is harnessing the power of experiential in all its forms to create mind-blowing experiences and drive industry-leading business performance. Sound exciting? Then let's talk. Check out our available positions below, and let us know what you're going to bring to the team.
Project: WorldWide and its subsidiary Agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers.
We expect a lot from our people, so it’s fair for them to expect a lot from us. A sample of the benefits we provide includes:
- 25 days holiday each year
- GPJ Birthday Day –
a day off to celebrate your birthday
- Contributory pension scheme and
regular personal finance seminars
- Life assurance
- Season ticket loan
- Regular social events including
All Company get-togethers,
summer and Christmas parties
- Annual employee peer
- Corporate rate
Expand < GPJ Pipeline
Don’t see a job for you?
Don’t worry. We’re always looking for the world’s top talent. Apply now. Tell us why you have what we need, and let’s change the world together.Apply now
Expand < GPJ Internship
As a GPJ intern, you’ll act as a vital source of energy, inspiration and knowledge to every part of the team. Just like a full-time employee, fresh ideas, current trends and a whatever-it-takes attitude are your responsibility from Day 1. In return, we’ll capture, promote and champion your personal and professional goals while exposing you to all aspects of the agency lifestyle.
Do you have what it takes to be part of the GPJ team? Are you passionate, driven and looking to push yourself? Most importantly, are you hungry to learn what it takes to be the #1 global experience marketing agency in the world? Then apply now for the GPJ Internship Program, and prepare to experience a whole new world.Apply now
George P. Johnson is an independent, creatively driven full service experience marketing agency. For over a century we’ve been partnering with the world’s top brands to deliver creative solutions that make a real difference. Our ideas create impact, inspire audiences and grow business.
George P. Johnson are seeking a Talent & Culture Coordinator, to support our busy Talent & Culture team in a fast-paced, highly creative environment.
The Talent & Culture Coordinator will be the bed rock of the organisation’s HR function. They will co-ordinate and support the end to end cycle of Talent within the organisation. As part of a team led by the Head of Talent and Culture, they will report to the Talent and Culture Manager and will help drive the Talent and Culture strategic aims across GPJ.
The Talent and Culture Coordinator be the first point of contact for all the business with regards to employee data, HR systems, processes and systems.
- Support, monitor and report on all activity to drive Talent and Culture strategy.
- Business Partner with project co-ordinators and associate producers.
- Attend meetings, take minutes and undertake general HR administrative duties.
- Report, conduct weekly, monthly, quarterly management reports as requested.
- Create, support and share best practice across GPJ.
- Support cultural and operational change where necessary.
Talent and Culture Focus Areas:
- Recruitment – support and coordinate recruitment processes, go to market, collate CV’s, set up interviews, meet and greet candidates.
- Onboarding - set up and organise the running of inductions for all new London starters including new account set ups.
- Graduate & Intern Programmes - support, set up, co-ordinate programmes, track, report.
- Career Progression & Competencies - support in development of career pathways, monitor and input data. Input competencies and help support the mapping of talent.
- Performance Management - support performance management process bi-annual cycle. Chase objective setting; collecting and tracking appraisals and distribution of compensation statements etc.
- Employee Relations & Data - ensure all employee payroll is up to date & monitored; gather and input data. Maintain & update systems, BreatheHR & Workday. Respond to and support employee relations, grievances, absences, sickness, flexible working, parental leave etc.
- Policy - supporting and creating (where necessary) people management documentation (employee contracts, drafting offer letters, change to terms & conditions etc).
- L&D strategy – support, co-ordinate, develop and where applicable deliver training sessions. Monitor budget and track employee training. Liaise and set up external providers and co-ordinate internal logistics.
- EOS & Evaluation – Supporting in the rollout of EOS & training evaluations; inputting data, analysis and collating headlines for reporting.
- Coaching & Mentoring - support and co-ordinate the development and implementation of specific programmes.
- Compensation & Benefits - assisting and co-ordinate benefit processes and liaising with benefit providers such as pension, medical insurance, childcare vouchers, gym etc. Supporting with compensation processes, letters etc.
- Displays integrity, honesty, reliability, responsiveness and openness to be trusted by internal teams and suppliers.
- People intrigue you and you are passionate about their development and experience at GPJ.
- You strive to ensure employees are performing well for the business and in line with their individual and company ambitions.
- You have a natural instinct for what people are really feeling and can get them to open up to you
- You’re resilient to people pressures.
- You are a problem solver and are always searching for the best solution for our business and culture.
- You’re a team player always willing to support those around you.
- Open and warm, yet professional – people see you as a trusted confidante and advisor with the ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion and diplomacy.
Your Background, Skills & Experience:
- Previous work experience in a similar role (HR Administrator, HR Coordinator).
- Strong computer literacy in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook.
- Can adapt to a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Thrives under pressure with an ability to juggle changing responsibilities.
- Demonstrates professionalism and is astute.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Honest, responsible, diligent, organised and knowledgeable.
Company benefits include:
- 25 days holiday each year
- GPJ Birthday Day – a day off to celebrate your birthday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Season ticket loan
- Comprehensive healthcare insurance
- Healthy nutrition - fresh fruit in the office
Taking an overall lead from the Head of Technical Production and reporting into a senior member of the Integrated Production team, the Production Manager (or Technical Producer) plays a key role in maintaining the quality of services provided within the Technical delivery discipline of the Integrated Production team at GPJ, being ultimately responsible for all technical production services that are offered to clients.
The ideal candidate will be passionate and enthusiastic about delivering extremely high quality productions that set a new industry standard. It is vital that our Production Managers are experts in their field with experience of delivering large shows internationally.
We are looking for someone who is confident and knowledgeable, able to quickly identify the best solution to achieve the Producer or Creative Director’s vision. An individual who will always push suppliers hard to deliver their very best, ensuring a faultless end result for our clients.
Shows will include large keynote presentations to audiences of many thousands, parties for similar sized audiences, smaller bespoke conferences, management of multiple breakout rooms, large scale public events, multiple stand exhibitions and individual tailor made stands, launches and unusual experience marketing campaigns.
A comprehensive understanding and genuine interest in the very latest developments in video, sound, lighting, staging and technology will ensure this candidate is a “go to person” for production related enquiries as we strive to push the boundaries of what is possible in a live event.
Client handling skills will be a major benefit to any potential candidate. It is important that our Production Managers instil confidence with clients, are able to talk to them knowledgably and confidently about technical production issues and can portray the professional image for which GPJ are renowned. In addition we would need you to be able to establish strong relationships across the business, with fellow colleagues and external suppliers, both face-to-face, verbally and in writing.
Naturally, we would expect all applicants to be able to demonstrate strong IT skills; as a minimum MS Office (Excel skills must be particularly strong) and ideally the ability to produce CAD plans would be a real benefit. Project Management skills are paramount – being thoroughly adept at deploying appropriate resources and running multiple timelines in order to hit both internal and external deadlines. In addition to a strong familiarisation with Health & Safety best practises and regulations, we need someone with the strength of character to be able to ensure that our H&S policy is strictly adhered to on-site.
We require a strong sense of loyalty, integrity and discretion at GPJ, and all employees need to have the ability to work well under pressure, remaining meticulous and maintaining attention to detail with strong completion skills. Above all, we want someone who enjoys being a Production Manager but is willing to explore the opportunities that being part of a wider Integrated Production team also offers, an enthusiast who works well in a team environment and can lead the technical team on-site. Personality and fit within the wider GPJ team are important credentials.
- Substantial level of previous experience as a Production Manager within the events industry
- Substantial level of experience managing multiple large-scale events simultaneously – Keynotes for 4000 people, 20 x simultaneous breakout rooms, 2000Sqm(+) exhibition stand build all in a leading role.
- Experience of the production of premium brand automotive activations would also be a benefit.
- Must be able to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of all technical disciplines, including sound, lighting, video, set construction and rigging
- IT literate – strong IT skills; AutoCad is preferable, together with MS Office (Excel skills must be particularly strong) and ideally, experience in utilising a time/cost accounting package.
- Project management – must be thoroughly adept at deploying appropriate resources and running multiple timelines in order to meet both internal and external deadlines
- Budget management – demonstrated experience in putting together, managing and reconciling project budgets of up to £2,000,000, production equipment budgets of over £500,000 and stand build budgets over £1,000,000.
- Able to establish strong relationships across the business, with clients and external suppliers, both face-to-face, verbally and in writing.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about delivering extremely high quality productions.
- Have an approach that inspires confidence in your knowledge and ability.
- Work well under pressure on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Enthusiasm to learn and grow in the role.
George P. Johnson is one the largest global event and experience marketing agencies, with over 30 offices and 1,400 employees worldwide. In the UK we have a team of 150 talented individuals working in a variety of roles – from creative, registration, digital, technical production through to strategy – which enable us to deliver end-to-end experiences for our clients.
We are looking for a candidate to join our Integrated Production team for 12 months, to support the team on events being organised for a key client.
This will be a great opportunity to collaborate with different departments across GPJ UK, with a core focus on Technical Production management. You will receive a thorough induction and training for your role, giving you an introduction to agency life, learning about how our agency works.
You will be supporting the team onsite, as well as in the office, and experience the real atmosphere of live events, seeing how an idea on paper turns into a physical immersive experience.
This is a full-time role (Mon-Fri, 9am to 5:30pm) based in our office in Waterloo, London. You may be required to sometimes work onsite outside of these hours in the evening and weekends. Our events will be both in the UK and overseas, therefore you must hold a passport at the start of your employment.
Role & Responsibilities / Key Tasks
- Assisting the team with a variety of event production as needed (pre-event, onsite and post event)
- Project/supplier research
- Onsite support at events both locally and abroad
- Assisting other GPJ departments on an ad-hoc basis
Supporting on the administrative aspects of planning the events What you will learn
Working in an office environment and collaborating with various team members, across departments
- Project management skills, including working on multiple projects at the same time
- Deep knowledge of the events industry (venues, locations, suppliers)
- Discover what it means to work in an agency environment
- Client management skills
- Presentation skills
- Administration skills
Essential / Desirable Skills / Attributes
- Knowledge and skill using Microsoft applications including Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Confidence in written and verbal English, e.g. emails and phone calls
- Passion for the industry and the desire to learn
- Good organisation and time management
- Creativity and being proactive in your work
- Working effectively in a team environment
- 25 days holiday
- GPJ Birthday Day Off
- Social events including All Company meetings, Summer and Christmas parties
- Application closes: 2nd August 2019
- Commences: 19th August 2019
- Location: Southwark, SE1
- Remuneration: Paid Internship
Send a copy of your CV and cover letter to Katie.Bradford@gpj.com (Talent and Culture Manager at GPJ UK) with the subject title: Integrated Production Intern Application ahead of midday Friday 2nd August 2019.Apply now
Primary job purpose:
The Integrated Production department is made up of over 70 Technical, Content and Event Producers who work collaboratively with our clients to produce events and brand experiences of all sizes and scales. The primary purpose of this role is to support the Head of Integrated Production (HiP) in the management of the day-to-day workflow through this Department
Working closely with the Integrated Production Leadership team, one of your main duties will be to be aware of workloads and capacities across the team to ensure there is efficient utilisation, and to highlight any capacities to the HiP. As required you will need to source and engage freelancers to assist during busy periods. Alongside the HiP, you will be working with the Client Partners and Creative Services, holding regular meetings to forecast work coming into the department. You will also be responsible for managing the department-specific administrative duties, including: IT requests, raising PO’s, timesheet management, collating and shortlisting CV’s, coordinating interviews, onboarding for new starters and other ad hoc requests.
- To work with Executive Producers and Client Partners on ensuring all paid-for hours are resourced in a timely fashion
- To work with the IP Leadership Team on ensuring that appropriate resourcing solutions are met (the right skillsets for the right roles)
- To support the HiP in assembling resource to support all and any incoming speculative briefs / requests as received from the project leads and / or client partners
- Attending regular resource meetings to gain information on resource requirements for the coming weeks/months and resource/plan accordingly
- To manage the day to day administrative tasks that are necessary to support the smoothrunning of the depart To manage the recruitment of all Talent, pro-actively building and maintaining the IP department black book (portfolios and CVs)
- To manage the onboarding process for any IPD new starters including the raising of PO’s, booking in IT equipment including working closely with the IT team to manage hardware and software requirements and set up of equipment for full time and freelancer talents.
- 2/3 years + agency experience or within a similar experiential / IP Department.
- An established and proactive problem solver ensuring processes are clear and adhered to
- Ability to manage own workload
- Ability to meet deadlines whilst maintaining attention to details
- Be inspirational to the business and its employees
- Able to work under pressure and manage multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of the different capabilities and skillsets that sit with Integrated Production
- Problem solver and solutions focused
- Comfortable in using Microsoft Office 360 and G-Suite.
Mindset and Behaviours:
- A proactive thinker
- Collaborative with creative thinking and not afraid to give make suggestions for improvements
- Strong ability to prioritise work and resources across all projects
- Emotional intelligence
- Always positive and able to lead by example
- A strong interest in experiential events
- Self-resourceful but enjoys working collaboratively