We're building a new kind of team. One made up of grand thinkers, creators and makers; of those excited to run head-on into the challenges facing the world's most respected brands. This team is harnessing the power of experiential in all its forms to create mind-blowing experiences and drive industry-leading business performance. Sound exciting? Then let's talk. Check out our available positions below, and let us know what you're going to bring to the team.
Project: WorldWide and its subsidiary Agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers.
We expect a lot from our people, so it’s fair for them to expect a lot from us. A sample of the benefits we provide includes:
- 25 days holiday each year
- GPJ Birthday Day –
a day off to celebrate your birthday
- Contributory pension scheme and
regular personal finance seminars
- Life assurance
- Season ticket loan
- Regular social events including
All Company get-togethers,
summer and Christmas parties
- Annual employee peer
- Corporate rate
Expand < GPJ Pipeline
Don’t see a job for you?
Don’t worry. We’re always looking for the world’s top talent. Apply now. Tell us why you have what we need, and let’s change the world together.Apply now
Expand < GPJ Internship
As a GPJ intern, you’ll act as a vital source of energy, inspiration and knowledge to every part of the team. Just like a full-time employee, fresh ideas, current trends and a whatever-it-takes attitude are your responsibility from Day 1. In return, we’ll capture, promote and champion your personal and professional goals while exposing you to all aspects of the agency lifestyle.
Do you have what it takes to be part of the GPJ team? Are you passionate, driven and looking to push yourself? Most importantly, are you hungry to learn what it takes to be the #1 global experience marketing agency in the world? Then apply now for the GPJ Internship Program, and prepare to experience a whole new world.Apply now
Expand < Office Manager
Position Title: Office Manager
Location: Southwark, SE1
Reports to: VP, Operations
Date: April 2018
Primary job purpose:
Reporting to the VP, Operations, the Office Manager will be solely responsible for the smooth and efficient running of GPJ’s London office. The Office Manager is responsible for all aspects of office and facilities management and committed to providing the highest level of professional service to both the GPJ team and our external clients.
GPJ is a fast-paced, agency environment based in a newly built office and the Office Manager will be supporting more than 115 employees, plus freelancers across the business. In this role the Office Manager will face constantly changing, and sometimes competing, priorities we therefore need someone who can operate in a flexible, calm, friendly and approachable manner and, above all, wants to ‘own’ office management.
Main Responsibilities – the role is a 360o Office Management role and includes, but is not limited to –
• Reception - ensuring the smooth running of Front of House working with the Receptionist (who is a direct line support); ensure reception and phone lines are covered from 9am to 5.30pm, Monday-Friday.
• Office Environment – ensuring the office space is optimally set-up for agile working; ensuring all desks are properly set up with standard equipment; throughout the day ensuring desks throughout the office are kept clear when not in use. Provide support, in a facilities capacity, for in-house events – client meetings/events, AllCos, showcases, training events (some of which may be out of standard office hours).
• Building Management – liaising with building management company in respect of
o office security;
o issuing security cards
o cleaning of communal areas
o fire safety
• Office Suppliers – managing contracts and performance/service levels of various suppliers - utilities, cleaning company, plants, florist, fruit delivery etc.
• Office Maintenance – proactively ‘walking the building’ to pre-empt or identify any building maintenance/cleaning issues. Arranging for appropriate maintenance team to carry out maintenance as and when necessary and keeping log of the same on the Building Logs drive.
• Office Equipment –purchasing and auditing office furniture, laptop risers, mouse mats, etc; maintain photocopiers/printers/fax machine contracts; ensuring stock levels of printer consumables; managing stock of laptop safes/locks and telephone headsets.
• Health & Safety - responsible for the management & implementation of various risk assessments for the office - premises & activities, first aid requirements, new & expectant mothers, DSE, manager’s risk assessment, as well as keeping policies up to date – Health & Safety Policy, Emergency Evacuation Procedure.
• Company Insurances – liaise with US for global management of insurances and broker regarding renewals. Dealing with insurance claims.
• Company comms system/hardware – responsible for phone lines, administering conferences system, handling and managing mobile phones for staff.
• New Starter Inductions/Leavers – meeting with all new starters and conducting an Office Management induction, which involves a tour of the building/GPJ’s office, running through office procedures, health & safety and fire safety, updating photos into template for mesh wall, issuing door access control card, locker & key, mobile phones and ordering business cards. For leavers, ensuring door fobs, locker keys, mobile phones are returned,
• Security – issuing/retrieving of building access cards and maintaining a record; working with the building management company to ensure the security of the building is maintained; act as main key holder for GPJ’s office space.
• Fire Safety – all aspects of periodical checks for fire alarm system, fire equipment, emergency lighting, fixed wiring and PAT testing. Liaising with building management company in respect of weekly bell testing, bi-annual evacuation drills and marshal training.
• Building Compliance – working with building management company and own suppliers in respect of various elements of building compliance, for example heating/air conditioning maintenance. Ensuing periodical planned maintenance is carried out and all records kept updated.
• Environmental Policy – review and continuation of existing company environmental and sustainability policies and procedures as well as looking into new measures and improvements.
• Cleaning/Waste/Recycling – work with building management company to ensure service levels are maintained and any issues addressed in a proactive and prompt manner.
• Storage –responsible for on/off site storage and archive storage, working with GPJ’s designated storage company. Ensure teams are adhering to off-site storage guidelines.
• Finance – reviewing, approving and logging all invoices related to office management. Raising purchase orders.
• CEO & Senior Leadership Team Support– providing support in booking flights, transfers and hotels for CEO, the Managing Director and occasionally the Senior Leadership Team. Assisting with any ad hoc work that arises.
The events industry and therefore our business are fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with clients and industry partners.
• Working hours are 9am – 5.30pm with an hour for lunch, Monday – Friday
• There may be at time a requirement to work longer than the above hours stated.
• Significant level of experience as an Office Manager responsible for the whole office management remit, ideally within a client-focused, fast-paced SME
• Demonstrated experience in handling H&S issues and complete knowledge of H&S legislation in respect of running an office evidenced by IOSH training
• Demonstrated experience in managing the reception function for a professional, client focused organisation; line management experience
• Significant level of supplier management experience – proven ability to source, negotiate and contract with suppliers
• Proven organisational skills – ability to multi-task, deal with last minute changes and be proactive about taking on additional responsibilities whilst maintaining confidentiality, tact and discretion
• Solid understanding of financial/commercial management – setting budgets, able to accurately track costs and make cost effective changes/purchasing decisions
• Strong team player – always ready to help beyond the remit of the role; flexible in dealing with situations that come their way; actively participate in and tackle challenges; always striving for excellence
• Ability to seek out and formulate new ideas/solutions and present them effectively
• Computer literate – highly proficient in MS Office, with strong Excel skills in particular.Apply now
Expand < Design Director
Position Title: Design Director
Location: Southwark, SE1
Reports to: Executive Creative Director
Date: March 2018
The Design Director will lead the design offering for GPJ across all of our clients. This role sits in the heart of the creative department and will ensure the agency has the best output across all of its creative offerings. You will be in charge of building and managing a design team ensuring we have the best talent in the industry and always striving for the best in everything we do.
• Taking the Design lead across our varied clients and being key decision maker for all visual output
• Managing and building a team of designers working across all our clients including Nike, McLaren and Google alongside other projects and clients to ensure consistency across the department while working with other head of departments
• Develop processes in the department and champion across the business
• Ability to work across multiple large-scale events at any given time alongside smaller experiential activations
• Work alongside our international offices to ensure smooth ways of working
• Work with the ECD and the CSD to build a strong team who become a lynch pin in the department
• Working with the global creative directors to ensure consistency across the global network
• Looking at how the agency works and always strive for better ways of working in a calm and approachable manner
• Working with the Creative Leads and Creative Directors to ensure creative is at the heart of what we do and the clients KPI’s are being met through smooth processes and ensuring efficiency across the department
• Building a team of talented and inspiring people who can drive the business forward and champion great work
• Working with other department heads to ensure smooth running of the department
• Strong management and communication skills with an ability to work in a demanding and changing environment
• Can perform comfortably in pitches including presenting with authority and flair
• Managing workflow, briefing and managing designers
• Presenting work to the business and clients
• Building lines of communication with the production department to ensure smooth running of the project
• Signing off of all design/action briefs with and informing timings based on judgement
• Ensuring consistency of work and making sure all work is to a standard expected of GPJ
• Building a relationship with other departments in the business
• Assigning briefs to members of the team ensuring skill set and experience is taken into account
• Liaise with 3rd party suppliers to ensure we are collaboratively working
• Able to establish strong relationships across the business, with clients and external suppliers, both face-to-face, verbally and in writing
• There will be a requirement to travel to event locations
• Working hours are 9am – 5.30pm with an hour for lunch, Monday – FridayApply now
Position Title: Registration Project Manager
Location: Southwark, SE1
Reports to: Head of Department
Date: May 2018
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated and personable, someone who is confident, proactive and enjoys getting things done. This person will need to be a people person, enjoy and value the importance of good processes and someone who is confident with using a variety of different software systems, that are taught as part of the on-boarding.
Above all, we want someone who is unflappable and enjoys organising and dealing with people. Personality and fit within the wider GPJ team are important credentials as our success is built upon our strong team spirit.
GPJ Web Based Event Services (WBES) Department Overview:
The WBES department is the first touch point for our client’s attendees and partners who are attending their events, so this first impression is of the upmost importance. A large proportion of all roles in the department is answering and responding to attendee’s requests via phone and email exchange.
The department is responsible for delivering over 100 events so high energy levels are essential, a willingness to learn on your feet, having a great attention to detail and the ability to collaborate with your colleagues in wide-ranging situations.
The Registration Project Manager is responsible for managing the end to end delivery of an event or multiple events. This position requires excellent communication, organisation, leadership and problem-solving skills.
They are responsible for ensuring that all project elements function effectively and offer professional service to both internal & external stakeholders. The ability to delegate event tasks to assigned team members is critical along with the ability to exercise independent judgment in the resolution of conflicts and issues.
• Determines the registration scope and creates, reviews and edits project timelines and project plans to ensure programs are on track
• Partners with the IT Project Manager to understand the technical specifications for the registration and reporting
• Primary client and internal contact for registration related information and issues
• Proficient in various software applications, such as spreadsheets, databases to assemble, manipulate and/or format data and/or reports
• Delegates responsibilities and tasks to team members and provides ongoing mentoring
• Creates and updates operational documents for team members to understand the event(s) and continues to provide training sessions
• Manages data integrity and prepares client reporting
• Supports delegate enquiries via telephone and email as part of the wider department
• Providing consultant type role as a “Subject Matter Expert” for others in the Company
**Scope of Responsibility: **
• To ensure that all client’s needs are met while maintaining the professional standards that George P. Johnson has set
• Must respect client privacy standards as it is sometimes necessary to work on multiple events with different clients in a competitive market
• Knows the formal and informal departmental goals, standards, policies and procedures which may include some familiarity of other departments within the company
You are responsible for driving the education of your client(s) to your team, colleagues and the wider business. A continual review process is to be implemented to ensure that the team(s) and the projects are constantly being evaluated looking for efficiency gains and improvements along with best practices being implemented and communicated. The ability to work independently, being proactive is essential but also having an overview of your direct reports and their responsibilities always is needed. You will need the ability to deal with multiple requests from multiple different people, with confidence and the ability to prioritise. Being friendly and collaborative is essential to the success of this role.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
• Significant level of demonstrated project management skills are required to manage both internal & external stakeholders
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential • Strong leadership skills to manage the project team
• Excellent customer service skills • Detail oriented, strong organisational skills
• Pro-active and creative thinker
• Candidate must be a team player
• Broad level of technical skills and comfortable working in multiple technical environments
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook • Candidate must be comfortable working in multiple technical environments (training would be provided on any systems that may be required to use)
• Event industry experience (3+ years preferred)
• Capable of communicating another European language
• Hotel experience; contracting, negotiations, reporting
• Experience within a marketing agency would be an advantage
• Candidate will work primarily in an office environment with heavy emphasis on computer and phone work.
• This is an office based role in our London office
• Working hours are 8am – 4.30pm / 9am - 5.30pm with an hour for lunch from Monday to Friday
• There may be at times a requirement to work longer than the above and occasional weekends
• Travelling onsite for events might be requiredApply now
Expand < Event Director
Position Title: Event Director
Location: Southwark, SE1
Reports to: Event Services Director
Date: March 2018
Primary job purpose:
The Event Director works alongside a Senior Account Director providing full project management support and leadership to the wider team. As a recognised expert you will be expected to implement an agreed strategy and liaise and coordinate the required services across a wider agency team.
- Interpret and drive clear client scope of work
- Responsible for assessing and agreeing client changes against scope of work
- Put together and manage a comprehensive and detailed client budget
- Identify, assess and negotiate with the best supplier for each project
- Responsible for overall client satisfaction with the program execution as measured utilising an agency review form
- Reconciliation of the agency’s procured services and internal department costs
- Continually assessing the agreed event strategy against program development
- Advise and manage on-site health & safety and security
- Support new business development
- Keep up to date with venues across EMEA, event industry trends and agency best practice
- Significant level of experience in delivering live events. This should include experience and working knowledge of the following areas - creative event concepts, architecture, trade show build, conference organisation, registration and production
- Strong financial management – including costing and budget development and management
- Experience within an agency environment is essential
- Excellent communication skills – written, oral and face-to-face presentation skills
- Demonstrated client management skills
- Good analytical and research skills
- Experience of the IT industry essential and experience of the automotive, FMCG or financial services is a plus
- Capable of communicating in another European language
- Experience of working on global accounts would be preferred