We're building a new kind of team. One made up of grand thinkers, creators and makers; of those excited to run head-on into the challenges facing the world's most respected brands. This team is harnessing the power of experiential in all its forms to create mind-blowing experiences and drive industry-leading business performance. Sound exciting? Then let's talk. Check out our available positions below, and let us know what you're going to bring to the team.
Project: WorldWide and its subsidiary Agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers.
We expect a lot from our people, so it’s fair for them to expect a lot from us. A sample of the benefits we provide includes:
- 25 days holiday each year
- GPJ Birthday Day –
a day off to celebrate your birthday
- Contributory pension scheme and
regular personal finance seminars
- Life assurance
- Season ticket loan
- Regular social events including
All Company get-togethers,
summer and Christmas parties
- Annual employee peer
- Corporate rate
Expand < GPJ Pipeline
Don’t see a job for you?
Don’t worry. We’re always looking for the world’s top talent. Apply now. Tell us why you have what we need, and let’s change the world together.Apply now
Expand < GPJ Internship
As a GPJ intern, you’ll act as a vital source of energy, inspiration and knowledge to every part of the team. Just like a full-time employee, fresh ideas, current trends and a whatever-it-takes attitude are your responsibility from Day 1. In return, we’ll capture, promote and champion your personal and professional goals while exposing you to all aspects of the agency lifestyle.
Do you have what it takes to be part of the GPJ team? Are you passionate, driven and looking to push yourself? Most importantly, are you hungry to learn what it takes to be the #1 global experience marketing agency in the world? Then apply now for the GPJ Internship Program, and prepare to experience a whole new world.Apply now
Expand < Office Manager
Position Title: Office Manager
Location: Southwark, SE1
Reports to: VP, Operations
Date: October 2018
Primary job purpose:
Reporting to the VP, Operations, the Office Manager will be solely responsible for the smooth and efficient running of GPJ’s London office. The Office Manager is responsible for all aspects of office and facilities management and committed to providing the highest level of professional service to both the GPJ team and our external clients.
GPJ is a fast-paced, agency environment based in a newly built office and the Office Manager will be supporting more than 115 employees, plus freelancers across the business. In this role the Office Manager will face constantly changing, and sometimes competing, priorities we therefore need someone who can operate in a flexible, calm, friendly and approachable manner and, above all, wants to ‘own’ office management.
Main Responsibilities – the role is a 360o Office Management role and includes, but is not limited to –
• Reception - ensuring the smooth running of Front of House working with the Receptionist (who is a direct line support); ensure reception and phone lines are covered from 9am to 5.30pm, Monday-Friday.
• Office Environment – ensuring the office space is optimally set-up for agile working; ensuring all desks are properly set up with standard equipment; throughout the day ensuring desks throughout the office are kept clear when not in use. Provide support, in a facilities capacity, for in-house events – client meetings/events, AllCos, showcases, training events (some of which may be out of standard office hours).
• Building Management – liaising with building management company in respect of
o office security;
o issuing security cards
o cleaning of communal areas
o fire safety
• Office Suppliers – managing contracts and performance/service levels of various suppliers - utilities, cleaning company, plants, florist, fruit delivery etc.
• Office Maintenance – proactively ‘walking the building’ to pre-empt or identify any building maintenance/cleaning issues. Arranging for appropriate maintenance team to carry out maintenance as and when necessary and keeping log of the same on the Building Logs drive.
• Office Equipment –purchasing and auditing office furniture, laptop risers, mouse mats, etc; maintain photocopiers/printers/fax machine contracts; ensuring stock levels of printer consumables; managing stock of laptop safes/locks and telephone headsets.
• Health & Safety - responsible for the management & implementation of various risk assessments for the office - premises & activities, first aid requirements, new & expectant mothers, DSE, manager’s risk assessment, as well as keeping policies up to date – Health & Safety Policy, Emergency Evacuation Procedure.
• Company Insurances – liaise with US for global management of insurances and broker regarding renewals. Dealing with insurance claims.
• Company comms system/hardware – responsible for phone lines, administering conferences system, handling and managing mobile phones for staff.
• New Starter Inductions/Leavers – meeting with all new starters and conducting an Office Management induction, which involves a tour of the building/GPJ’s office, running through office procedures, health & safety and fire safety, updating photos into template for mesh wall, issuing door access control card, locker & key, mobile phones and ordering business cards. For leavers, ensuring door fobs, locker keys, mobile phones are returned,
• Security – issuing/retrieving of building access cards and maintaining a record; working with the building management company to ensure the security of the building is maintained; act as main key holder for GPJ’s office space.
• Fire Safety – all aspects of periodical checks for fire alarm system, fire equipment, emergency lighting, fixed wiring and PAT testing. Liaising with building management company in respect of weekly bell testing, bi-annual evacuation drills and marshal training.
• Building Compliance – working with building management company and own suppliers in respect of various elements of building compliance, for example heating/air conditioning maintenance. Ensuing periodical planned maintenance is carried out and all records kept updated.
• Environmental Policy – review and continuation of existing company environmental and sustainability policies and procedures as well as looking into new measures and improvements.
• Cleaning/Waste/Recycling – work with building management company to ensure service levels are maintained and any issues addressed in a proactive and prompt manner.
• Storage –responsible for on/off site storage and archive storage, working with GPJ’s designated storage company. Ensure teams are adhering to off-site storage guidelines.
• Finance – reviewing, approving and logging all invoices related to office management. Raising purchase orders.
• CEO & Senior Leadership Team Support– providing support in booking flights, transfers and hotels for CEO, the Managing Director and occasionally the Senior Leadership Team. Assisting with any ad hoc work that arises.
The events industry and therefore our business are fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with clients and industry partners.
• Working hours are 9am – 5.30pm with an hour for lunch, Monday – Friday
• There may be at time a requirement to work longer than the above hours stated.
• Significant level of experience as an Office Manager responsible for the whole office management remit, ideally within a client-focused, fast-paced SME
• Demonstrated experience in handling H&S issues and complete knowledge of H&S legislation in respect of running an office evidenced by IOSH training
• Demonstrated experience in managing the reception function for a professional, client focused organisation; line management experience
• Significant level of supplier management experience – proven ability to source, negotiate and contract with suppliers
• Proven organisational skills – ability to multi-task, deal with last minute changes and be proactive about taking on additional responsibilities whilst maintaining confidentiality, tact and discretion
• Solid understanding of financial/commercial management – setting budgets, able to accurately track costs and make cost effective changes/purchasing decisions
• Strong team player – always ready to help beyond the remit of the role; flexible in dealing with situations that come their way; actively participate in and tackle challenges; always striving for excellence
• Ability to seek out and formulate new ideas/solutions and present them effectively
• Computer literate – highly proficient in MS Office, with strong Excel skills in particular.Apply now
Expand < Event Manager
Position Title: Event Manager
Location: Southwark, SE1
Reports to: Event/Account Director
Date: October 2018
Primary job purpose:
Reporting to an Event/Account Director, the Event Manager works within the Event Services team supporting the delivery of various projects for GPJ’s client base, always to the highest standard. The role is multi-functional and very varied.
• Project Management – manage a portfolio of events or specific service areas of various sizes and complexity
• Client - attending weekly conference call/meeting with client, providing weekly update reports, acting on respective action points.
• Coordinating and managing pre-event and on-site logistics – to include
• sourcing temporary staff (if not provided by the venue) and providing security briefings; liaising with venue contact re: timings.
• Destination Management Company (DMC) management.
• Travel and accommodation - responsible for on-site crew and GPJ team’s travel logistics – including sourcing accommodation, transfers and meals.
• Food and beverage (F&B) - overseeing execution of F&B for delegates, including F&B schedules and liaising on final numbers; organising additional local F&B requirements (ie press).
• Collateral/graphics/signage management– liaising with local client manager on collateral distribution/transportation; organising ‘event bag’ logistics per venue/location, including management of local temp team.
• Venue research, both in the UK and Europe; preparing venue costings; contract negotiations.
• Process – follow processes related to the logistical items being delivered, according to company best practices
• The ideal candidate will preferably be educated to degree level, or equivalent. A qualification in event management would be advantageous, but not a pre-requisite.
• Computer literate – MS Office (strong Excel skills essential).
• Significant level of experience of working within a project team delivering events, to include medium to large scale conferences and exhibitions, ideally within Europe.
• Demonstrated organisational skills, with strong planning skills.
• Strong time management skills with ability to deal directly with short-notice deadlines and numerous, simultaneous demands.
• Strong interpersonal skills – demonstrated ability to work with client and/or sponsor, under pressure, to gain requirements and deliverables for the project.
• Strong attention to detail – as demonstrated, for example, when putting together the exhibitor manual.
• Demonstrated ability to foresee and deal with ‘worst-case scenarios’, demonstrating flexibility and taking challenges in their stride.
• Ability to maintain good humour whilst dealing with multiple changes and pressure. Attitude and being proactive are essential in the role
• Able to demonstrate self-motivation and strong work ethic.
• Fluency in additional European language(s) desirable.Apply now
Expand < Event Coordinator
Position Title: Event Director
Location: London, SE1
Reports to: Event Director/Account Director
Date: October 2018
Primary job purpose:
To provide event & administration support to a team of event professionals.
• Travel – booking travel for event services team. Providing site visit itineraries
• Budget management – using in-house system to reconcile billing; issuing purchase orders; following up on outstanding invoices; providing estimates; reviewing estimated hours versus actual hours
• Negotiated saving log reports
• Venue website maintenance
• Project documentation (eg worksheets, timelines, memos)
• Supplier request information as well as involvement in sending out RFP’s (request for Proposals). Tracking responses and providing recommendations
• Meeting support – generate invitations, agendas, note taking during meetings and distribution to team, etc
• Managing sponsors and exhibitors, where applicable, pre-event and onsite
• Management of exhibition manual
• Direct client contact
• Other duties as necessary
• Ideally the candidate will have an Events or Marketing related degree level, or equivalent
• Computer literate – highly proficient with MS Office, Outlook. Knowledge of time/cost accounting system, such as JDE, would be valuable
• Excellent communication skills, verbally, face-to-face and in writing, are essential
• Proven administration and organisational skills
• Demonstrated self-motivation
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
• Must be a team player and able to work in a team environment
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Strong time management skills, ability to prioritise
• Experience in hotels and convention / exhibitions centre a bonus, but not essential
• Experience in the events industry a bonus but not essential
• Experience in dealing with exhibitions, sponsors a bonus, but not essential
• Ability to speak another European language is an advantageApply now
Position Title: Registration Project Manager
Location: Southwark, SE1
Reports to: Head of Department
Date: October 2018
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated and personable, someone who is confident, proactive and enjoys getting things done. This person will need to be a people person, enjoy and value the importance of good processes and someone who is confident with using a variety of different software systems, that are taught as part of the on-boarding.
Above all, we want someone who is unflappable and enjoys organising and dealing with people. Personality and fit within the wider GPJ team are important credentials as our success is built upon our strong team spirit.
GPJ Web Based Event Services (WBES) Department Overview:
The WBES department is the first touch point for our client’s attendees and partners who are attending their events, so this first impression is of the upmost importance. A large proportion of all roles in the department is answering and responding to attendee’s requests via phone and email exchange.
The department is responsible for delivering over 100 events so high energy levels are essential, a willingness to learn on your feet, having a great attention to detail and the ability to collaborate with your colleagues in wide-ranging situations.
The Registration Project Manager is responsible for managing the end to end delivery of an event or multiple events. This position requires excellent communication, organisation, leadership and problem-solving skills.
They are responsible for ensuring that all project elements function effectively and offer professional service to both internal & external stakeholders. The ability to delegate event tasks to assigned team members is critical along with the ability to exercise independent judgment in the resolution of conflicts and issues.
• Determines the registration scope and creates, reviews and edits project timelines and project plans to ensure programs are on track
• Partners with the IT Project Manager to understand the technical specifications for the registration and reporting
• Primary client and internal contact for registration related information and issues
• Proficient in various software applications, such as spreadsheets, databases to assemble, manipulate and/or format data and/or reports
• Delegates responsibilities and tasks to team members and provides ongoing mentoring
• Creates and updates operational documents for team members to understand the event(s) and continues to provide training sessions
• Manages data integrity and prepares client reporting
• Supports delegate enquiries via telephone and email as part of the wider department
• Providing consultant type role as a “Subject Matter Expert” for others in the Company
**Scope of Responsibility: **
• To ensure that all client’s needs are met while maintaining the professional standards that George P. Johnson has set
• Must respect client privacy standards as it is sometimes necessary to work on multiple events with different clients in a competitive market
• Knows the formal and informal departmental goals, standards, policies and procedures which may include some familiarity of other departments within the company
You are responsible for driving the education of your client(s) to your team, colleagues and the wider business. A continual review process is to be implemented to ensure that the team(s) and the projects are constantly being evaluated looking for efficiency gains and improvements along with best practices being implemented and communicated. The ability to work independently, being proactive is essential but also having an overview of your direct reports and their responsibilities always is needed. You will need the ability to deal with multiple requests from multiple different people, with confidence and the ability to prioritise. Being friendly and collaborative is essential to the success of this role.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
• Significant level of demonstrated project management skills are required to manage both internal & external stakeholders
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential • Strong leadership skills to manage the project team
• Excellent customer service skills • Detail oriented, strong organisational skills
• Pro-active and creative thinker
• Candidate must be a team player
• Broad level of technical skills and comfortable working in multiple technical environments
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook • Candidate must be comfortable working in multiple technical environments (training would be provided on any systems that may be required to use)
• Event industry experience (3+ years preferred)
• Capable of communicating another European language
• Hotel experience; contracting, negotiations, reporting
• Experience within a marketing agency would be an advantage
• Candidate will work primarily in an office environment with heavy emphasis on computer and phone work.
• This is an office based role in our London office
• Working hours are 8am – 4.30pm / 9am - 5.30pm with an hour for lunch from Monday to Friday
• There may be at times a requirement to work longer than the above and occasional weekends
• Travelling onsite for events might be requiredApply now