Position Title: Accounts Payable Assistant
Location: Southwark, SE1
Reports to: Financial Controller
Date: July 2018
Primary job purpose:
The Accounts Payable Assistant will assist the AP Coordinator in dealing with invoice processing, payments and petty cash.
• Processing received purchase invoices, ensuring the correct coding is captured
• Processing vendor payments as part of a payment run according to their due dates
• Handling and reconciling of petty cash/float payments and receipts
• Processing and payment of employee expense claims
• Dealing with suppliers and complex invoice queries
• Reconciling supplier accounts/statements and resolving any discrepancies by telephone, email etc.
• Maintenance of the aged creditors report, escalating overdue items where applicable
• Any other ad-hoc activities as directed by the AP Coordinator/Financial Controller
Person Specification: • Experience of working within an end to end accounts payable function.
• Experience of dealing with invoices/payments denominated in foreign currencies.
• A good understanding of VAT principles.
• Strong working knowledge of finance systems as well as MS Office applications.
• The ability to communicate with suppliers and colleagues at all levels are also essential for this role.
• Must be a team player and have the ability to work well using their own initiative.