George P. Johnson is an independent, creatively driven full service experience marketing agency. For over a century we’ve been partnering with the world’s top brands to deliver creative solutions that make a real difference. Our ideas create impact, inspire audiences and grow business.
Today, we still answer to no one but ourselves. Our business is our business. And that means we focus on what we do best - and how best to do it. It’s an independence that gives us the freedom to be totally transparent. A liberation that keeps us flexible, practical and positively realistic.
Our clear strategic thinking and perceptive creative, breathes life into brands. It’s what turns our goals – and those of our clients, into results. We’re happy working wherever the brief takes us. At home or abroad. On the huge or the hugely important. Our scalability enables us to answer briefs of all shapes and sizes - effectively and efficiently.
And the next 100 years? We’ve a lot planned. And big ambitions to address. Starting today. We’re a hungry agency - more committed and driven than ever. We’ll continue to evolve. To grow. And to search for new disciplines and channels that match the aspirations and vision of our clients. Those we already work with, and those we’ve yet to meet.
One thing’s certain. We won’t stand still. We never have. If we had, we wouldn’t have come this far.
Primary job purpose: The Accounts Payable Assistant will assist the AP Coordinator in dealing with invoice processing, payments and petty cash.
- Processing received purchase invoices, ensuring the correct coding is captured
- Processing vendor payments as part of a payment run according to their due dates
- Handling and reconciling of petty cash/float payments and receipts
- Processing and payment of employee expense claims
- Dealing with suppliers and complex invoice queries
- Reconciling supplier accounts/statements and resolving any discrepancies by telephone, email etc.
- Maintenance of the aged creditors report, escalating overdue items where applicable
- Any other ad-hoc activities as directed by the AP Coordinator/Financial Controller
- Experience of working within an end to end accounts payable function or similar.
- Experience of dealing with invoices/payments denominated in foreign currencies is desirable.
- A basic understanding of VAT principles.
- Working knowledge of finance systems as well as MS Office applications.
- The ability to communicate with suppliers and colleagues at all levels are also essential for this role.
- Must be a team player and have the ability to work well using their own initiative.
*This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee incumbent in this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignment.