Position Title: Digital Project Manager
Location: Southwark, SE1
Reports to: Digital Innovation Lead
Date: June 2018
Primary job purpose:
The Digital Project Manager will be a part of GPJ within the growing Digital Dept and reporting into the Digital Innovation Lead. As the broader marketing mix shifts we're experiencing increased spend moving towards brand experience. To respond to this and build a clear vision for our business, we need innovative, creative leaders at all levels to join our evolving agency.
You’ll serve as a digital expert liaising between our clients and internal teams for engagements that require digital interactive solutions. At times your role will be to debunk the myths of digital and other times act as a go to for a variety of digital work. Some of our folk still think technology is like voodoo magic.
In short you will need to lead the digital charge where opportunity is almost limitless and a clear focus on delivering towards our short, medium and long term strategic goals is core to our success. Bring plenty of energy, an obsessive drive to create great creative work and a fail-first-fail-fast attitude.
• Work with the lead Digital Project Manager to lead the successful response to the HOW and the WHAT for a range of key clients.
• Drive the education of less digital savvy members of the GPJ team and instil correct digital process.
• Assisting the Digital Project Manager with management of project milestones on large scale projects by updating detailed information on project management tools.
• Managing end to end delivery of small scale digital projects from concept, design and development to QA, deployment and reporting. Including creation of project estimates, outlines, schedules, and budgets.
• Help with recruitment and management of project teams including UX designers, developers and QA testers.
• Responsible for the flow of information to the team regarding the project.
• Accountable for all aspects of custom application development, including accurate and timely deployment of web development projects.
• Actively participate in weekly departmental meetings and client project planning meetings.
• Keeping up to date of new technical and digital initiatives within the industry.
• Manage client requests for existing digital activations and provide technical advice on re-use.
• Work with strategy and creative teams to develop new ideas that will benefit clients.
• Manage any related vendors or programs that are being used for client’s deliveries against program timelines.
• Will be required to support onsite deployment of technical solutions.
• Will require ability to travel as many of our clients and EMEA agency offices are based across Continental Europe and beyond.
• You’ll be naturally curious around how tech works, some may say even a little geeky.
• Experience within a marketing agency or client-side function.
• Knowledge and exposure to PM methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall, Lean, etc.
• Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize, manage, and execute projects across multiple departments.
• Strong professional service focus including flexibility and professional, good-humoured personality.
• Must be reliable, accountable and dedicated to the success of assigned projects.
• Exceptional presentation, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Driven with a high energy level and ability to be self-motivated.
• Solution focused approach that can understand the practical and operational implications.
• Working experience of at least one of Virtual or Augmented Reality, Big web and mobile sites or Native Mobile Apps.
• Knowledge of the brand experience/event industry.
• Knowledge of HTML, CSS.