George P. Johnson is an independent, creatively driven full service experience marketing agency. For over a century we’ve been partnering with the world’s top brands to deliver creative solutions that make a real difference. Our ideas create impact, inspire audiences and grow business.
Today, we still answer to no one but ourselves. Our business is our business. And that means we focus on what we do best - and how best to do it. It’s an independence that gives us the freedom to be totally transparent. A liberation that keeps us flexible, practical and positively realistic.
Our clear strategic thinking and perceptive creative, breathes life into brands. It’s what turns our goals – and those of our clients, into results. We’re happy working wherever the brief takes us. At home or abroad. On the huge or the hugely important. Our scalability enables us to answer briefs of all shapes and sizes - effectively and efficiently.
And the next 100 years? We’ve a lot planned. And big ambitions to address. Starting today. We’re a hungry agency - more committed and driven than ever. We’ll continue to evolve. To grow. And to search for new disciplines and channels that match the aspirations and vision of our clients. Those we already work with, and those we’ve yet to meet.
One thing’s certain. We won’t stand still. We never have. If we had, we wouldn’t have come this far.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated and personable, someone who is confident, proactive and enjoys getting things done. This person will need to be a people person, enjoy and value the importance of good processes and also someone who is confident with using a variety of different software systems, that are taught as part of the on-boarding. Above all, we want someone who is unflappable and really enjoys organising and dealing with people. Personality and fit within the wider GPJ team are important credentials as our success is built upon our strong team spirit.
GPJ Web Based Event Services (WBES) Department Overview:
The WBES department is the first touch point for our client’s attendees and partners who are attending their events, so this first impression is of the up most importance. A large proportion of all roles in the department is answering and responding to attendee’s requests via phone and email exchange. The department is responsible for delivering over 100 events so high energy levels are essential, a willingness to learn on your feet, having a great attention to detail and the ability to collaborate with your colleagues in wide-ranging situations.
The WBES department is made up of Senior Registration Project managers, Registration Project managers and Registration Co-ordinators that support clients, these are the people who you would be interacting with on a daily basis in order to meet client deadlines.
Customer Service Representatives provide information and assistance to attendees of small to large corporate events for a variety of clients. Professional and friendly verbal and written communication are the main requirements. We provide training on the tools you will use and access to necessary information as well as an escalation path for questions and scenarios not covered in the documentation.
• Manage delegate queries via email and telephone ensuring customer service levels are maintained at all times
• Answering phones in a timely manner with a professional and pleasant demeanor
• Responsible for monitoring your own phone status (in ‘ready’ mode) to ensure they are able to take the next incoming call.
• Responding to emails within your event(s) within 24 hours. This is a team effort and all team members must contribute as equally as possible. We are contractually obligated to answer emails within one business day.
• Voicemail: customer service representatives are responsible for checking and responding to voicemails on their assigned events every work day.
• Providing ongoing updates to Registration Project Manager on any “hot topics” that might need greater discovery and understanding for client feedback
• Immediately raising any reported issues to the Registration Project Manager if highlighted in emails or calls
People Skills The position requires proactive interaction with peers and colleagues across the business. Being able to go the extra mile to make sure that our clients clients and partners are always satisfied. You need to have the ability to work independently and manage own workload in a fast paced environment and the ability to retain and recall information. Ability to deal with multiple requests from multiple different people, with confidence and the ability to prioritise. Being friendly and collaborative is essential to the success of this role.
Essential: • Ability to work quickly and under pressure
•A professional attitude when dealing with delegates
•Strong written (i.e. good standard of spelling and grammar) and verbal communication skills are essential
• A clear and friendly telephone voice, with confidence to handle difficult phone queries
• Proactive approach to work
• Good teamwork skills and the ability to work unsupervised
• Flexible working approach with ability to work evenings/weekends if needed
• Our clients rely on discretion. Please do not discuss internal policies with callers, emailers or outside of the office. Questions about which information is acceptable to disclose should be escalated to Registration Project Manager
• Arrival on time is essential to ensure that phone lines are being managed over contracted times. If you are ever going to be delayed, then you need to communicate to your Registration Project manager and Head of Department immediately
• Comfortable working in multiple technical environments
• Capable of communicating in another European language
• Experience within a marketing agency would be an advantage
•This is an office based role in our central London office • Working hours are 8am - 4.30pm / 9am - 5.30pm with an hour for lunch from Monday to Friday
• Travelling onsite for events might be required
• There may be at times a requirement to work longer than the above and occasional weekends
*This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee incumbent in this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.