Position Title: Executive Assistant
Location: Southwark, SE1
Reports to: Managing Director
Date: February 2019
George P. Johnson is an independent, creatively driven full service experience marketing agency. For over a century we’ve been partnering with the world’s top brands to deliver creative solutions that make a real difference. Our ideas create impact, inspire audiences and grow business. We work with brands such as; Nike, Cisco, Workday, Google and Lotus.
George P. Johnson are seeking an Executive Assistant, to support our busy Managing Director in a fast-paced, highly creative environment. We’re looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced, creative and high-growth environment and goes above and beyond to ensure that they are always 10 steps ahead. The individual will be highly organised and resilient, finding it easy to make things happen. We’re looking for someone with exceptional emotional intelligence and an entrepreneurial mindset, who understands business demands and can build strong relationships with different stakeholders.
About the Role
This role provides crucial EA support to our Managing Director to ensure their working day runs smoothly.
More specifically, you will be responsible for:
• Diary management: you’ll support our MD with managing their busy calendar, organise internal and external meetings, set agendas, complete expenses. You’ll work closely & effectively with the MD to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, take the initiative to make sure he's prepared with the right documents and information, blocking out time when needed and pre-empting meeting requirements.
• Travel management: You’ll make travel arrangements, coordinating flights, accommodations and produce clear itineraries to make travel as seamless as possible. You will be able to follow and maintain budgets, coordinate logistics and research best options for executive travel.
• Gatekeeping: You’ll ensure that the MD’s schedule is followed and respected. You’ll prioritise conflicting needs with confidence to push back and provide a bridge for smooth communication between the MD and internal departments; maintaining credibility, trust and support with senior leadership.
• IT skills: Microsoft Windows, Powerpoint, Excel
• Administration skills: ability to implement efficient administration and filing systems.
• Numeracy: to handle expenses and budget control.
• Literacy: high standard of English grammar/language.
We’re looking for someone who can work proactively without much supervision, anticipate and address the needs of MD. More specifically:
• You understand challenges and demands that MD’s face, and have demonstrable experience of being able to establish a trusting working relationship with executives, and successfully managing their diary and plans.
• You can deal with people, often under pressure, while maintaining a friendly, optimistic and helpful demeanour.
• You are extremely organised with superb time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once.
• You have an eagle eye for detail, spotting what needs to get fixed and proactively actioning it without waiting for instruction.
• You can work at pace, you love to get a job done well and done quickly.
• Superb communication skills. You naturally ignite great rapport with people and adapt your style to all levels and recognise the importance of creating great first impressions and representing a brand.
• Have a ‘can-do’ positive attitude that means you’ll readily offer to help or provide a solution
• You are discreet and appreciate the sensitivities of information you will be privy to, therefore a level of maturity and respect is required
Company benefits include:
• 25 days holiday each year
• GPJ Birthday Day – a day off to celebrate your birthday
• Contributory pension scheme
• Life assurance
• Season ticket loan
• Comprehensive healthcare insurance
• Healthy nutrition - fresh fruit in the office