Position Title: Experiential Creative Director
Location: Southwark, SE1
Reports to: Executive Creative Director
Date: March 2019
George P. Johnson is an independent, creatively driven full service experience marketing agency. For over a century we’ve been partnering with the world’s top brands to deliver creative solutions that make a real difference. Our ideas create impact, inspire audiences and grow business. We work with brands such as; Nike, Cisco, Workday, Google and Lotus.
And the next 100 years? We’ve a lot planned. And big ambitions to address. Starting today. We’re a hungry agency - more committed and driven than ever. We’ll continue to evolve. To grow. And to search for new disciplines and channels that match the aspirations and vision of our clients. Those we already work with, and those we’ve yet to meet.
One thing’s certain. We won’t stand still. We never have. If we had, we wouldn’t have come this far.
This Experiential Creative Director role sits across our largest global accounts with technology, automotive, digital and innovation at the heart and core of what they do. This role will not only deliver on exsisting clients but constantly strive to develop future client relationships and projects using innovative and creative ways to drive the clients message through to an experiential and immersive environment.
As Creative Director, you are responsible for leading the team and developing and executing brave and innovative creative solutions to our client’s business and products while coming up with logical creative solutions to problems the clients may face. You will work on a wide range of exciting briefs from automotive to tech while driving creative vision for the agency.
You will respond to briefs and develop proactive creative solutions through your extensive understanding of the industry and your knowledge of what is at the cutting edge in delivering live brand experiences. This role is critical to ensure the successful delivery of the best creative work in the industry.
Looking beyond projects, the Creative Director will take a vital role in shaping the creativity and culture of the whole agency.
The Experiential Creative Director must work well as a leader in a creative environment; motivating and managing creatives, as well as communicating effectively with client’s and other departments. As part of the senior creative team on all leading brand pitches you are instrumental in the success of attracting and winning new business in this sector.
About the Role
• Driving creative innovation within the experiential and event space
• Build and lead the creative team scoping future requirements for the department
• With storytelling at the core, create engaging spaces and experiences that will drive innovation and push boundries
• Have a in-depth understanding of technology and products in the industry and its effect on creativity and concepts
• Selling and presenting creative concepts to international stakeholders and clients
• Managing the creative output of complex accounts whilst collaborating with creatives globally
• Ensure brand guidelines and creative consistency across all brands
• Signing off creative briefs and allocating to the team while identifying skill sets and capabilities
• Leading and running a creative team in an atmosphere where all participants are heard and respected
• Manage workload for multiple projects with a clear understanding of roles and responsibilities for the rest of the business
• Be a key contributor in preparing and presenting new business proposals and pitches to potential new clients
• Establish strong, trusting and long-lasting relationships with clients, colleagues and external suppliers
• Providing leadership and inspiration this role will assemble teams and lead the creative process with exceptional results.
• A natural leader who can drive creative thinking through at every level
• 10 Years + agency experience or in a similar environment
• Commercially minded
• Ability to provide clear and concise creative direction
• Conceptual with the ability to tell a story through the concept
• A strong design background is beneficial
• A problem solver and intuitive thinker
• A solid understanding of digital and how it plays into brand experiences
• Excellent performance management and managerial skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Calm, considered and able to manage a team under pressure
• Able to present in a dynamic and creative way
• Be inspirational to the business and our clients
• Experience with clients from a varied background including automotive
• Active in the marketing world, needs to have a great knowledge of growing and emerging trends in the industry
• Proactive Thinkers - always thinking about what could be done with or without a brief to help glow client business
• Collaborative with creative thinking and how it is executed
• Strong ability to prioritise work and resources across clients and briefs based on short and long term business needs
• Emotional intelligence
• Always positive and leads by example
• A strong interest in global brands including automotive and tech
• Be an inspirational game-changer to the business and our clients
• Approachable, positive and has an endearing leadership style
• Be fearless and disruptive with your creative ideas
• Keen on trend forecasting
• Lives and breathes our world as someone who can bring storytelling, big ideas and thinking to the table.
Company benefits include:
• 25 days holiday each year
• GPJ Birthday Day – a day off to celebrate your birthday
• Contributory pension scheme
• Life assurance• Season ticket loan
• Comprehensive healthcare insurance
• Healthy nutrition - fresh fruit in the office