Position Title: Finance & Registration Assistant
Location: Southwark, SE1
Reports to: Financial Controller
Date: February 2019
George P. Johnson is an independent, creatively driven full service experience marketing agency. For over a century we’ve been partnering with the world’s top brands to deliver creative solutions that make a real difference. Our ideas create impact, inspire audiences and grow business. We work with brands such as; Nike, Cisco, Workday, Google and Lotus.
George P. Johnson are seeking an Finance & Registration Assistant to be the conduit between the Web Based Event Services and Finance teams dealing with the back-end element of the delegate registration process. In brief, it will involve the processing of funds through a variety of platforms, reconciling delegate receipts, correctly accounting for each component of funds – including tax in multiple territories – and ensuring all invoices are issued in a timely manner.
About the Role
The Web Based Event Services department is the first touch point for our client’s attendees and partners who are attending their events, so this first impression is of the upmost importance. The department is responsible for delivering over 100 events so high energy levels are essential, a willingness to learn on your feet, having a great attention to detail and the ability to collaborate with your colleagues in wide-ranging situations.
More specifically, you will be responsible for:
• Setting up of payment processors as required, including Amex, Paymentech and PayPal.
• Management of finance element of platforms used to collect delegate funds at events, including – but not limited to - RainFocus, Lanyon, Cvent, Bizzabo.
• Reporting and reconciling value of receipts to client.
• Reconciliation of bank accounts used to collect funds.
• Downloading invoices and VAT reports from registration portals.
• Assisting the Registration team – onsite at events – in the collection of funds.
• Charging of delegate credit cards.
• Reconciliation of VAT inherent in collected funds, including multi-territory.
• Liaising directly with delegates in query resolution.
• Providing consultant type role as a “Subject Matter Expert” for others in the Company.
• Assisting Finance Manager in other ad hoc duties such as timesheet input, issuing freelancer contracts.
• Relevant, demonstrated experience (2 years+) in finance and administration including bookkeeping, financial analysis and preparation of financial reports.
• Demonstrated ability in using JDE/Workbook/similar system.
• Advanced Excel skills/intermediate in other Microsoft Office packages.
• Process orientated with an analytical approach to problem solving.
• Broad level of IT skills and comfortable working with multiple systems/databases.
• Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills that support liaison within GPJ and externally with delegates.
• Excellent attention to detail when providing data and analysis.
• Ability to set own priorities and consistently meet deadlines.
• Commitment to high quality customer service principles.
• ACCA/ACA/CIMA part-qualified/studying towards.
• Capable of communicating another European language.
• Experience within the events industry/a marketing agency would be an advantage.
Company benefits include:
• 25 days holiday each year
• GPJ Birthday Day – a day off to celebrate your birthday
• Contributory pension scheme
• Life assurance
• Season ticket loan
• Comprehensive healthcare insurance
• Healthy nutrition - fresh fruit in the office
• Working hours are 9am - 5.30pm with an hour for lunch, Monday to Friday, although there may be at times a requirement to work longer than the above and occasional weekends therefore a flexible approach to hours of work is required.
• Providing on-site support at events with the Registration team may be required.