George P. Johnson is one the largest global event and experience marketing agencies, with over 30 offices and 1,400 employees worldwide. In the UK we have a team of 150 talented individuals working in a variety of roles – from creative, registration, digital, technical production through to strategy – which enable us to deliver end-to-end experiences for our clients.
We are looking for a candidate to join our Integrated Production team for 12 months, to support the team on events being organised for a key client.
This will be a great opportunity to collaborate with different departments across GPJ UK, with a core focus on Technical Production management. You will receive a thorough induction and training for your role, giving you an introduction to agency life, learning about how our agency works.
You will be supporting the team onsite, as well as in the office, and experience the real atmosphere of live events, seeing how an idea on paper turns into a physical immersive experience.
This is a full-time role (Mon-Fri, 9am to 5:30pm) based in our office in Waterloo, London. You may be required to sometimes work onsite outside of these hours in the evening and weekends. Our events will be both in the UK and overseas, therefore you must hold a passport at the start of your employment.
Role & Responsibilities / Key Tasks
- Assisting the team with a variety of event production as needed (pre-event, onsite and post event)
- Project/supplier research
- Onsite support at events both locally and abroad
- Assisting other GPJ departments on an ad-hoc basis
Supporting on the administrative aspects of planning the events What you will learn
Working in an office environment and collaborating with various team members, across departments
- Project management skills, including working on multiple projects at the same time
- Deep knowledge of the events industry (venues, locations, suppliers)
- Discover what it means to work in an agency environment
- Client management skills
- Presentation skills
- Administration skills
Essential / Desirable Skills / Attributes
- Knowledge and skill using Microsoft applications including Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Confidence in written and verbal English, e.g. emails and phone calls
- Passion for the industry and the desire to learn
- Good organisation and time management
- Creativity and being proactive in your work
- Working effectively in a team environment
- 25 days holiday
- GPJ Birthday Day Off
- Social events including All Company meetings, Summer and Christmas parties
- Application closes: 2nd August 2019
- Commences: 19th August 2019
- Location: Southwark, SE1
- Remuneration: Paid Internship
Send a copy of your CV and cover letter to Katie.Bradford@gpj.com (Talent and Culture Manager at GPJ UK) with the subject title: Integrated Production Intern Application ahead of midday Friday 2nd August 2019.