The Associate Producer plays an important part in implementing our clients’ objectives. In collaboration with colleagues in the Strategy & Planning, Creative and Digital disciplines, and alongside the Client Partners, they will work within the Integrated Production team to deliver the project on time, on budget and on brief.
They will have a solid grasp of, and good level of experience in, live event production, and will champion their expertise within the business to ensure continued growth and development of their competency across the agency’s Integrated Production team.
- To manage small scale projects from end to end, including the alignment of all relevant internal stakeholders needed to ensure a successful delivery
- Undertaking all operational duties including (but not limited to); inputting hours estimates into relevant formats, monitoring and updating hours utilised vs. hours sold, lead weekly resource reviews, allocate and manage workload for the team, ensuring successful onboarding for event team
- Overseeing the creation of, and adherence to, timelines and budgets across all allocated workstreams and projects
- Provide regular updates to Client Partner/Project Lead, proactively raising any issues or concerns and collaboratively work towards a solution
- Ongoing sourcing and management of suppliers, in response to specific project and business needs
- Overall accountability for the quality of projects delivered, providing operational expertise as required
- Providing additional production support across the I.P Department as required e.g., pitches, new business proposals etc.
- Support the project cycle to ensure the creative ideas fulfil the client brief
- Responsible for ensuring cross-team collaboration from design through to implementation
- Strong understanding of the creative process, recognising the importance of the strategic objectives and ensuring they inform the final output
- Attend key meetings and provide input / expertise related to client needs
- Understand and demonstrate knowledge of the skillsets and abilities across the Integrated Production department
- Demonstrate leadership attributes by supporting positive change, managing your workload, and striving for best practice
- Able to clearly communicate performance objectives
- Actively participating and championing personal and department-wide Learning and Development opportunities
- Contribute towards the client relationship via the successful delivery and management of your own workstreams and deliverables
- Partner with Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) and Client Partners to provide transparency on what is achievable in the delivery of projects, so they can manage client expectations accordingly
- Demonstrate an active understanding of a client’s objectives
New Business Development
- Supporting the Client Partner/pitch lead when required, by managing all Integrated Production elements of the pitch process
- Responsible for providing timely and accurate support and guidance on RFPs
- Contribute towards the commercial requirements and 3rd party budget requests for relevant areas of a pitch brief
- Attend and present pitch presentations when required
- Actively promote GPJ through best practice
- Responsible for ensuring their areas of the project are profitable and protecting the commercial health of projects including the management of their SOW
- Building budgets/estimates, managing/reconciling budgets
- Ensure the projects and/or pitch preparation are on budget
- Contributing towards the ongoing management of project forecasting
- Working with the client partner and SME on the development of commercial opportunities within your area of the business
- Responsibility to obtain, review and respond to vendor quotes, ensuring we work with best in class partners and vendors, with regular negotiations to drive value, profitability and efficiency
- Accountable for POs creation / distribution
- Identifying and elevating potential budget / financial issues, making suggestions to address.
- Understanding and effectively managing PO, reconciliation and invoicing processes
- Reviewing Job Cost / people hours summaries for their project-specific areas
- Strong understanding of financial software
Mindset and behaviours
Straightforward: An effective communicator – Be honest, clear and constructive with your communications. It also means listening, being open-minded. (You can't display empathy or emotional intelligence if you do not listen) Supporting courageous conversations.
Progressive: Demonstrate a curiosity to constantly question, innovate and be open to and identify new ways of working. Inspire your peers to learn, grow and be curious.
Inclusive: Demonstrate empathy, adaptability and organisational awareness. Confident: Healthily challenge clients and colleagues in order to get to a more effective result/outcome; confident in our abilities/position within the industry.
- Demonstrate a calm and positive attitude
- Adaptable and open to unexpected requests and ways of working (priorities and requirements can frequently change in an agency)
- Be willing to help other people within the project, across depts.
- Curious and eager to learn about the industry, clients’ business, tech solutions
- Solutions focused/creative problem solver – presenting solutions to roadblocks in order to move forward
- A challenger – always looking to improve work rather than, ‘we’ve always done it like this!
- Persistent and Patient – persistence to follow up with stakeholders and clients but demonstrating empathy in understanding agency and client partners’ workload
- Truly passionate about planning and delivering a best in class event
- Decisive; be able to make several decisions at once, and quickly