Taking an overall lead from the Head of Technical Production and reporting into a senior member of the Integrated Production team, the Production Manager (or Technical Producer) plays a key role in maintaining the quality of services provided within the Technical delivery discipline of the Integrated Production team at GPJ, being ultimately responsible for all technical production services that are offered to clients.
The ideal candidate will be passionate and enthusiastic about delivering extremely high quality productions that set a new industry standard. It is vital that our Production Managers are experts in their field with experience of delivering large shows internationally.
We are looking for someone who is confident and knowledgeable, able to quickly identify the best solution to achieve the Producer or Creative Director’s vision. An individual who will always push suppliers hard to deliver their very best, ensuring a faultless end result for our clients.
Shows will include large keynote presentations to audiences of many thousands, parties for similar sized audiences, smaller bespoke conferences, management of multiple breakout rooms, large scale public events, multiple stand exhibitions and individual tailor made stands, launches and unusual experience marketing campaigns.
A comprehensive understanding and genuine interest in the very latest developments in video, sound, lighting, staging and technology will ensure this candidate is a “go to person” for production related enquiries as we strive to push the boundaries of what is possible in a live event.
Client handling skills will be a major benefit to any potential candidate. It is important that our Production Managers instil confidence with clients, are able to talk to them knowledgably and confidently about technical production issues and can portray the professional image for which GPJ are renowned. In addition we would need you to be able to establish strong relationships across the business, with fellow colleagues and external suppliers, both face-to-face, verbally and in writing.
Naturally, we would expect all applicants to be able to demonstrate strong IT skills; as a minimum MS Office (Excel skills must be particularly strong) and ideally the ability to produce CAD plans would be a real benefit. Project Management skills are paramount – being thoroughly adept at deploying appropriate resources and running multiple timelines in order to hit both internal and external deadlines. In addition to a strong familiarisation with Health & Safety best practises and regulations, we need someone with the strength of character to be able to ensure that our H&S policy is strictly adhered to on-site.
We require a strong sense of loyalty, integrity and discretion at GPJ, and all employees need to have the ability to work well under pressure, remaining meticulous and maintaining attention to detail with strong completion skills. Above all, we want someone who enjoys being a Production Manager but is willing to explore the opportunities that being part of a wider Integrated Production team also offers, an enthusiast who works well in a team environment and can lead the technical team on-site. Personality and fit within the wider GPJ team are important credentials.
- Substantial level of previous experience as a Production Manager within the events industry
- Substantial level of experience managing multiple large-scale events simultaneously – Keynotes for 4000 people, 20 x simultaneous breakout rooms, 2000Sqm(+) exhibition stand build all in a leading role.
- Experience of the production of premium brand automotive activations would also be a benefit.
- Must be able to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of all technical disciplines, including sound, lighting, video, set construction and rigging
- IT literate – strong IT skills; AutoCad is preferable, together with MS Office (Excel skills must be particularly strong) and ideally, experience in utilising a time/cost accounting package.
- Project management – must be thoroughly adept at deploying appropriate resources and running multiple timelines in order to meet both internal and external deadlines
- Budget management – demonstrated experience in putting together, managing and reconciling project budgets of up to £2,000,000, production equipment budgets of over £500,000 and stand build budgets over £1,000,000.
- Able to establish strong relationships across the business, with clients and external suppliers, both face-to-face, verbally and in writing.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about delivering extremely high quality productions.
- Have an approach that inspires confidence in your knowledge and ability.
- Work well under pressure on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Enthusiasm to learn and grow in the role.