The Project Co-ordinator is a key support role; admin. and event preparation / onsite support, other general assistance.
They will support Integrated Production with operational responsibilities across all types of client briefs.
Assist with: preparation of event documents (e.g., agendas, reports, presentations, tracking), creating basic timelines and estimates as needed, project close / reconciliation process, vendor quotes and selection, POs (creating PO; deposit request, etc.), project related research as required, including Venue Searches.
- Prepare quality written documents, such as crew briefing documents, simple production spec documents and schedules
- Providing (but not limited to); inputting for hours estimates; monitoring and updating as needed for budget impact, attending Weekly Resource Reviews - Keep all relevant parties updated of project status and issues - Produce on-site schedules and budgets
- Project manage internal and external requirements within timelines and budgets
- Anticipate potential issues and pro-actively respond to potential situations
- Carry out basic site recces
- Responsible for supporting the cross-team collaboration including liaison between designers and Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) to ensure what’s being created is deliverable
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of the creative process, recognising the importance of the strategic objectives and ensuring they drive the overall output
- Attend key meetings and provide input / expertise related to Client needs and requirements
- Feeding into the identification of the best industry talent
- Understanding and being able to communicate knowledge of the skillsets and abilities across the Integrated Production department
- Manage Client relationship at appropriate level
- Partner with SME’s and Client Partners to provide transparency on what is achievable in the delivery of projects and manage client expectations accordingly
New Business Development Support
- Supporting the Client Partner/pitch lead by conducting research for the Integrated Production elements of the pitch process, contributing to the requirements centred around Operations, Technical and Live Production
- Responsible for contributing to responses to RFPs on time, on budget
- Sourcing 3rd party budgets for relevant areas of a pitch brief
- Actively promote GPJ through best practice
- Responsible for ensuring their areas of the project are profitable and that the projects and/or pitches are on budget
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of financial software
- Responsible to obtain, review and respond to vendor quotes, ensuring we are working with best in class partners and vendors, with regular negotiations to drive value, profitability and efficiency
- Accountable for POs creation / distribution, obtaining relevant approvals as and if needed - Identifying and elevating potential budget / financial issues, making suggestions on how to resolve
- Understanding and effectively managing the budget reconciliation and invoicing processes
- Understands and takes initial steps to address impact of changes on project budget and financial metrics, with limited guidance
Mindset and behaviours
Straightforward: An effective communicator – Be honest, clear and constructive with your communications. It also means listening, being open-minded. (You can't display empathy or emotional intelligence if you do not listen). Supporting courageous conversations.
Accountability: Comfortable with holding themselves responsible and accountable for the input and conduct within the team and the organisation, as a whole
Progressive: Demonstrate a curiosity to constantly question, innovate and be open to / identify new ways of working
Inclusiveness: Demonstrate empathy, adaptability and organisational awareness
Confident: Healthily challenge clients and colleagues in order to get to a more effective result/outcome
- Demonstrate a calm and positive attitude
- Adaptable and open to unexpected requests and ways of working (priorities and requirements can frequently change in an agency)
- Be willing to help other people within the project, across depts. - Curious and eager to learn about the industry, clients’ business, tech solutions etc.
- Solutions focused/ creative problem solver – presenting solutions to roadblocks in order to move forward - A challenger – always looking to improve work rather than, ‘we’ve always done it like this’! - Persistent and Patient – persistence to follow up with stakeholders and clients but demonstrating empathy in understanding agency and client partners’ workload. Showing patience when you experience ‘roadblocks’
- Truly passionate about planning and delivering a best in class event
- Decisive - need to be able to make several decisions at the same time, and at pace