Position Title: Registration Project Manager
Location: Southwark, SE1
Reports to: Head of Department
Date: October 2018
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated and personable, someone who is confident, proactive and enjoys getting things done. This person will need to be a people person, enjoy and value the importance of good processes and someone who is confident with using a variety of different software systems, that are taught as part of the on-boarding.
Above all, we want someone who is unflappable and enjoys organising and dealing with people. Personality and fit within the wider GPJ team are important credentials as our success is built upon our strong team spirit.
GPJ Web Based Event Services (WBES) Department Overview:
The WBES department is the first touch point for our client’s attendees and partners who are attending their events, so this first impression is of the upmost importance. A large proportion of all roles in the department is answering and responding to attendee’s requests via phone and email exchange.
The department is responsible for delivering over 100 events so high energy levels are essential, a willingness to learn on your feet, having a great attention to detail and the ability to collaborate with your colleagues in wide-ranging situations.
The Registration Project Manager is responsible for managing the end to end delivery of an event or multiple events. This position requires excellent communication, organisation, leadership and problem-solving skills.
They are responsible for ensuring that all project elements function effectively and offer professional service to both internal & external stakeholders. The ability to delegate event tasks to assigned team members is critical along with the ability to exercise independent judgment in the resolution of conflicts and issues.
• Determines the registration scope and creates, reviews and edits project timelines and project plans to ensure programs are on track
• Partners with the IT Project Manager to understand the technical specifications for the registration and reporting
• Primary client and internal contact for registration related information and issues
• Proficient in various software applications, such as spreadsheets, databases to assemble, manipulate and/or format data and/or reports
• Delegates responsibilities and tasks to team members and provides ongoing mentoring
• Creates and updates operational documents for team members to understand the event(s) and continues to provide training sessions
• Manages data integrity and prepares client reporting
• Supports delegate enquiries via telephone and email as part of the wider department
• Providing consultant type role as a “Subject Matter Expert” for others in the Company
**Scope of Responsibility: **
• To ensure that all client’s needs are met while maintaining the professional standards that George P. Johnson has set
• Must respect client privacy standards as it is sometimes necessary to work on multiple events with different clients in a competitive market
• Knows the formal and informal departmental goals, standards, policies and procedures which may include some familiarity of other departments within the company
You are responsible for driving the education of your client(s) to your team, colleagues and the wider business. A continual review process is to be implemented to ensure that the team(s) and the projects are constantly being evaluated looking for efficiency gains and improvements along with best practices being implemented and communicated. The ability to work independently, being proactive is essential but also having an overview of your direct reports and their responsibilities always is needed. You will need the ability to deal with multiple requests from multiple different people, with confidence and the ability to prioritise. Being friendly and collaborative is essential to the success of this role.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
• Significant level of demonstrated project management skills are required to manage both internal & external stakeholders
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential • Strong leadership skills to manage the project team
• Excellent customer service skills • Detail oriented, strong organisational skills
• Pro-active and creative thinker
• Candidate must be a team player
• Broad level of technical skills and comfortable working in multiple technical environments
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook • Candidate must be comfortable working in multiple technical environments (training would be provided on any systems that may be required to use)
• Event industry experience (3+ years preferred)
• Capable of communicating another European language
• Hotel experience; contracting, negotiations, reporting
• Experience within a marketing agency would be an advantage
• Candidate will work primarily in an office environment with heavy emphasis on computer and phone work.
• This is an office based role in our London office
• Working hours are 8am – 4.30pm / 9am - 5.30pm with an hour for lunch from Monday to Friday
• There may be at times a requirement to work longer than the above and occasional weekends
• Travelling onsite for events might be required