The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated and personable, someone who is confident, proactive and enjoys getting things done. This person will need to be a people person, enjoy and value the importance of good processes and someone who is confident with using a variety of different software systems, that are taught as part of the on-boarding.
Above all, we want someone who is unflappable and really enjoys organising and dealing with people. Personality and fit within the wider GPJ team are important credentials as our success is built upon our strong team spirit.
GPJ Web Based Event Services (WBES) Department Overview:
The WBES department is the first touch point for our client’s attendees and partners who are attending their events, so this first impression is of the up most importance. A large proportion of all roles in the department is answering and responding to attendee’s requests via phone and email exchange. The department is responsible for delivering over 100 events so high energy levels are essential, a willingness to learn on your feet, having a great attention to detail and the ability to collaborate with your colleagues in wide-ranging situations.
The WBES department is made up of Senior Registration Project managers and Registration Project managers that lead clients, these are the people who you would be interacting with daily in order to meet client deadlines.
This role is multiple facetted, requiring interaction with the Registration Project Manager and IT manager in the organisation and planning of onsite technology for 30 events annually, this includes going onsite to support the deliveries. This requires strong project management and communication skills and the ability to work off a timeline. The role will also require you to support the customer service team and at times the IT department in the day to day running of the business.
- Pre-event preparation of all onsite hardware, updates, configuration, maintenance, etc.
- Management of the hardware shipment to onsite locations and it’s return
- Inventory management of all hardware
- Project manage internal & external requirements within timelines
- Manage multiple events simultaneously with ability to prioritise effectively
- Be the client’s IT contact while onsite
- Support delegate queries via email and telephone ensuring customer service levels are maintained
- Interaction with Registration Project and IT Manager to provide ongoing updates
- Managing external suppliers
- Supporting the IT department with helpdesk requests (primary hardware support)
- Assisting the IT onboarding function
- Assisting with rebuilding hardware
- Meeting room AV support when needed
- An established and proactive problem solver ensuring processes are clear and adhered
The position requires proactive interaction with peers and colleagues across the business. Being able to go the extra mile to make sure that our clients and partners are always satisfied. You need to have the ability to work independently and manage own workload in a fast paced environment and the ability to retain and recall information. Ability to deal with multiple requests from multiple different people, with confidence and the ability to prioritise. Being friendly and collaborative is essential to the success of this role.
- Ability to work quickly and under pressure
- Proven project management skills
- Detail oriented, strong organizational skills
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills to include managing concurrent tasks efficiently
- Proactive approach to work
- Good teamwork skills and the ability to work unsupervised
- Needs to have strong overall Microsoft office skills, especially Excel
- Proven history of demonstrating a high level of professionalism
- Strong written (i.e. good standard of spelling and grammar) and verbal communication skills are essential
- A clear and friendly telephone voice, with confidence to handle difficult phone queries
- A professional attitude when dealing with delegates
- Able to manage multiple stakeholders
- Problem solver and solutions focused
- Flexible working approach with ability to work evenings/weekends as needed and away from home/overseas as required
- 6-12 months’ experience in event planning environment preferred
- A good level of technical skills and comfortable working in multiple technical environments
- Capable of communicating in another European language
- Experience within a marketing agency would be an advantage
- Candidate will work primarily in an office environment with heavy emphasis on computer work
- This is an office-based role in our Southwark, London office
- Working hours are 9am - 5.30pm with an hour for lunch from Monday to Friday
- There may be at times a requirement to work longer than the above and occasional weekends
- Travelling onsite for events is a requirement
*This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee incumbent in this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
George P Johnson
George P. Johnson is an independent, creatively driven full-service experience marketing agency. For over a century we’ve been partnering with the world’s top brands to deliver creative solutions that make a real difference. Our ideas create impact, inspire audiences and grow business.
Today, we still answer to no one but ourselves. Our business is our business. And that means we focus on what we do best - and how best to do it. It’s an independence that gives us the freedom to be totally transparent. A liberation that keeps us flexible, practical and positively realistic.
Our clear strategic thinking and perceptive creative, breathes life into brands. It’s what turns our goals – and those of our clients, into results. We’re happy working wherever the brief takes us. At home or abroad. On the huge or the hugely important. Our scalability enables us to answer briefs of all shapes and sizes - effectively and efficiently.
And the next 100 years? We’ve a lot planned. And big ambitions to address. Starting today. We’re a hungry agency - more committed and driven than ever. We’ll continue to evolve. To grow. And to search for new disciplines and channels that match the aspirations and vision of our clients. Those we already work with, and those we’ve yet to meet.
One thing’s certain. We won’t stand still. We never have. If we had, we wouldn’t have come this far.