Position Title: Senior Event Manager
Location: Southwark, SE1
Reports to: Event Director/Account Director
Date: February 2019
George P. Johnson is an independent, creatively driven full service experience marketing agency. For over a century we’ve been partnering with the world’s top brands to deliver creative solutions that make a real difference. Our ideas create impact, inspire audiences and grow business. We work with brands such as; Nike, Cisco, Workday, Google and Lotus.
George P. Johnson are seeking an Senior Event Manager to work within the event services team to deliver events for our client to the highest standard.
About the Role
• You will develop long-term successful relationships with your clients to encourage client retention and satisfaction, taking an active role in developing clients to the mutual benefit and profit of the client and agency.
• You will have a thorough understanding of your clients’ objectives and collaboratively work with your team and internal departments to deliver first class events.
• You will be responsible for the successful planning, organisation and delivery of a simultaneous range of events, delegating tasks accordingly within the team and working alongside internal teams such as production, creative, program strategy, registration and IT in order to achieve excellent results – to include –
o Initial brainstorm meeting
o Proposal generation
o Initial kick-off meeting along with distribution of project codes
o Taking and distribution of internal and client meeting notes to wider project team
o Management of team hours
o Delegate management
o On-site management
• Financial processes - production of costings for each event and budget development and management. Ensuring all projects are up-to-date on JDE throughout the life cycle of the project.
• Effective supplier management and contract negotiation.
• Able to demonstrate significant level of event planning and execution, end-to-end, ideally within an agency environment.
• Logistics background – including scheduling
• Demonstrated organisational skills, with strong planning skills.
• Strong time management skills with ability to deal directly with short-notice deadlines and numerous, simultaneous demands.
• Strong interpersonal skills – ability to work with client and/or sponsor, under pressure, to gain requirements and deliverables for the project.
• Strong attention to detail – as demonstrated, for example, when putting together the exhibitor manual.
• Demonstrated ability to foresee and deal with ‘worst-case scenarios’, demonstrating flexibility and taking challenges in their stride.
• Ability to maintain good humour whilst dealing with multiple changes and pressure.
• Able to demonstrate self-motivation and strong work ethic.
• Fluency in additional European language(s) desirable.
Our ideal candidate will preferably be educated to degree level, or equivalent. A qualification in event management would be advantageous, but not a pre-requisite.
Company benefits include:
• 25 days holiday each year
• GPJ Birthday Day – a day off to celebrate your birthday
• Contributory pension scheme
• Life assurance
• Season ticket loan
• Comprehensive healthcare insurance
• Healthy nutrition - fresh fruit in the office