Position Title: Senior Event Manager
Location: Kingston upon Thames, KT1
Reports to: Event Director/Account Director
Date: July 2017
Primary job purpose:
Reporting to an Event Director/Account Director, the Senior Event Manager works within an event services team to deliver events for the client to the highest standard.
- You will develop long-term successful relationships with your clients to encourage client retention and satisfaction, taking an active role in developing clients to the mutual benefit and profit of the client and agency.
- You will have a thorough understanding of your clients' objectives and collaboratively work with your team and internal departments to deliver first class events.
- Financial processes. Production of costings for each event, budget development and management. Ensuring all projects are up-to-date on JDE throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Effective supplier management and contract negotiation.
- You will be responsible for the successful planning, organisation and delivery of a simultaneous range of events, delegating tasks accordingly within the team and working alongside internal teams such as production, creative, program strategy, registration and IT in order to achieve excellent results.
- Initial brainstorm meeting
- Proposal generation
- Initial kick-off meeting along with distribution of project codes
- Taking and distribution of internal and client meeting noted to wider project team
- Management of team hours
- Delegate management
- On-site management
- The ideal candidate will preferably be educated to degree level, or equivalent. A qualification in event management would be advantageous, but not a pre-requisite.
- Computer literate. MS Office, JD Edwards or similar time accounting/project costs system.
- Able to demonstrate significant level of event planning and execution, end-to-end, ideally within an agency environment.
- Logistics background – including scheduling
- Demonstrated organisational skills, with strong planning skills.
- Strong time management skills with ability to deal directly with short-notice deadlines and numerous, simultaneous demands.
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to work with client and/or sponsor, under pressure, to gain requirements and deliverables for the project.
- Strong attention to detail – as demonstrated, for example, when putting together the exhibitor manual.
- Demonstrated ability to foresee and deal with ‘worst-case scenarios’, demonstrating flexibility and taking challenges in their stride.
- Ability to maintain good humour whilst dealing with multiple changes and pressure.
- Able to demonstrate self-motivation and strong work ethic.
- Fluency in additional European language(s) desirable.