George P. Johnson are seeking a Talent & Culture Advisor, to support our busy Talent & Culture team in a fast-paced, highly creative environment.
The Talent and Culture Advisor will play a critical role within the organisation. Supporting and championing the Talent strategy, creating and embedding HR functional activity as well as partnering with stakeholders to support them in driving the success of business objectives. Here the Talent and Culture Advisor will ensure that managers are able to achieve their current and future team objectives and support in delivering the talent agenda across the organisation. As part of a team led by the Head of Talent and Culture, they will report to the Head of Talent and will be responsible for a team to help implement and support strategic talent initiatives as well as ensure HR functional activity is embedded, maintained and communicated.
The Talent and Culture Advisor will work closely with stakeholders to help deliver the Talent & Culture strategy, ensuring the implementation of best practice, creative, tailored people solutions suited to the agency. They will spearhead and drive an in house recruitment capability as well as act as a champion for Talent, being the go to person for managers, ensuring that the Talent/ HR activity runs smoothly and that employees are supported.
- Design and deliver initiatives aligned to the Talent and Culture strategy.
- Business Partner with managers and provide daily HR guidance and support.
- Create and lead an inhouse recruitment capability, partner with managers to assess & challenge recruitment need, suggest talent alternatives, develop & embed best practice across the organisation reducing the reliance on agencies.
- Lead HR meetings, including employee relations, team meetings and regular 1:1s with managers.
- Analyse, present recommendations based on weekly, monthly, quarterly management metrics.
- Report against strategic aims, objectives and initiatives.
- Create, support and share best practice across GPJ.
- Lead cultural and operational change where necessary.
- Line management responsibilities.
Talent and Culture Focus Areas
- Recruitment – cultural change around how we recruit. Create an inhouse capability to reduce reliance on agencies and create cost efficiencies. Lead recruitment processes, go to market, review CV’s, attend interviews, provide feedback to candidates
- Graduate & Intern Programmes – lead on the creation of a graduate programme (both recruitment and training), lead on specific initiatives, designing and delivering where necessary, evaluating, reviewing and implementing lessons learnt.
- Career Progression & Competencies – support in the creation of a competency framework, talent analysis and mapping (9 box grid or similar), succession planning, support in development of career pathways, providing coaching to line managers.
- Performance Management - lead performance management process bi-annual cycle. Support managers to set objectives and provide performance feedback.
- Employee Relations & Data – lead on employee relations, grievances, absences, sickness, flexible working, parental leave etc.
- Policy – updating policies when necessary to keep up to date with employment law.
- L&D strategy – working with Head of Talent to develop a blended learning strategy, identify & track training requirements and develop and deliver training sessions.
- Coaching & Mentoring – design and deliver specific programmes.
- Compensation & Benefits – review and implement, when required, new benefits offerings.
- Wellness – work with Head of Talent to develop a wellness programme, develop, embed and communicate initiatives and best practice. Keep abreast of current trends, policy and thinking.
- Team Management – line manage the Talent Co-ordinator, Office & Facilities employees (max. 4).
- Displays integrity, honesty, reliability, responsiveness and openness to be trusted by internal teams and suppliers.
- Open and warm, yet professional – people see you as a trusted confidante and advisor with the ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion and diplomacy.
- People intrigue you and you are passionate about their development and experience at GPJ.
- You strive to ensure employees are performing well for the business and in line with their individual and company ambitions.
- You have a natural instinct for what people are really feeling and can get them to open up to you
- You’re resilient to people pressures.
- You are a problem solver and are always searching for the best solution for our business and culture.
- You’re a team player always willing to support those around you.
Your Background, Skills & Experience
- Previous work experience in a similar role is essential (Talent or Advisor/ Manager/ Business Partner).
- Strong computer literacy in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook.
- Can flex style to suit a variety of internal and external stakeholders and is able to understand personal and business agendas.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Thrives under pressure with an ability to juggle changing responsibilities.
- Demonstrates professionalism and is astute.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Honest, responsible, diligent, organised and knowledgeable.
Company benefits include:
- 25 days holiday each year
- GPJ Birthday Day – a day off to celebrate your birthday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Season ticket loan
- Comprehensive healthcare insurance
- Healthy nutrition - fresh fruit in the office