Creative Project Manager (Digital)
Position Title: Creative Project Manager (Digital)
Company: George P Johnson
Location: UK – Suffolk Street SE1
Today, we still answer to no one but ourselves. Our business is our business. And that means we focus on what we do best – and how best to do it. It’s an independence that gives us the freedom to be totally transparent. A liberation that keeps us flexible, practical and positively realistic.
George P. Johnson is an independent, creatively driven full-service experience marketing agency. For over a century we’ve been partnering with the world’s top brands to deliver creative solutions that make a real difference. Our ideas create impact, inspire audiences and grow business.
Our clear strategic thinking and perceptive creative, breathes life into brands. It’s what turns our goals – and those of our clients, into results. We’re happy working wherever the brief takes us. At home or abroad. On the huge or the hugely important. Our scalability enables us to answer briefs of all shapes and sizes – effectively and efficiently.
And the next 100 years? We’ve a lot planned. And big ambitions to address. Starting today. We’re a hungry agency – more committed and driven than ever. We’ll continue to evolve. To grow. And to search for new disciplines and channels that match the aspirations and vision of our clients. Those we already work with, and those we’ve yet to meet.
One thing’s certain. We won’t stand still. We never have. If we had, we wouldn’t have come this far.
Creative Digital Project Manager; About the role:
At the heart of this role is a truly can do attitude. You’ll need to engage with all those working on a project and ensure that communication is clear and coordination is smooth. Working with support from digital experts across the business you’ll be responsible for galvanising the creative and design teams, and facilitating a workflow that is conducive to generating innovative ideas, as well as brilliantly delivering on time and on budget.
You’ll serve as the lead digital delivery expert, actively collaborating with our clients and internal teams for engagements that require digital interactive solutions, always focusing on crafting impactful, creative work, that achieves client marketing objectives. You’ll also work closely with our Creative Technologist to make sure our ideas make the most of platforms and converging tech whilst mitigating the risks to ensure successful delivery. At times your role will be to debunk the myths of digital and other times to act as the go to for digital storytelling. This isn’t just about delivering to a scope and budget – we’re looking for passionate digital producers who understand how to use technology to bring ideas to life in the unforgiving live experience space.
You will responsible for day to day running and workflow of the creative & design and resources for your project/s. All project deliverables need to be captured as tasks within work-streams; briefs checked; turnaround times scheduled; resource assigned, and the team supported throughout the delivery. You will champion GPJ process and communicate clearly with all parties.
You will be required to set up all creative check-ins and ensure everyone has up to date information on your projects and their deadlines, and that any potential risks are flagged in advance to avoid issues happening.
You’ll liaise with the various internal stakeholders to make sure everyone knows what needs doing and how long they have to do it, ensuring everyone is updated daily. You will be working with Client Leads and Integrated Production to hold daily/weekly meetings to forecast work coming into the creative department and ensure creative resources are booked in.
Care and attention to detail are critical to the success of our events. On-site attendance, regularly involving overseas travel, is often required, and the benefits of careful project planning need to be balanced with the flexibility to make quick decisions. Working with the creative team, you will help drive a project and team of suppliers to deliver results that exceed our clients’ expectations.
In short you will need to lead the digital charge where opportunity is almost limitless and a clear focus on delivering towards our short, medium and long-term strategic goals is core to our success. Bring plenty of energy, an obsessive drive to create great creative work and a fail-first-fail-fast attitude.
- Work with Creative Services Director (CSD) and Creative Technologist (CT) to create effective, award-winning digital work including ,but not limited to, VR, AR, websites, apps, games and interactive installations for our clients.
- Responsible for getting the most out of different technologies and using them effectively to tell our clients’ stories by working with creative, strategy, production and client services teams.
- Drive the digital education of members of the GPJ team and instil correct digital process.
- Manage the end to end delivery of small to medium scale digital projects from concept, design and development to QA, deployment and reporting. Including creation of project estimates, SOWs, schedules, and budgets and ensuring that they achieve client objectives.
- Manage suppliers that are being used for clients’ deliveries against program timelines, budgets, objectives whilst maintaining our quality standards.
- Strive constantly to improve delivery practices, processes and procedures as well as effectiveness of work
- Actively participate in weekly departmental meetings and client project planning meetings.
- Keep up to date of new technical and digital initiatives within the industry.
- Manage client requests for existing digital activations and provide technical advice on re-use.
- Will be required to support onsite deployment of technical solutions.
- Will require ability to travel as many of our clients and EMEA agency offices are based across Continental Europe and beyond.
- You’ll be naturally curious around how tech works, staying up to date with trends, some may say even a little geeky. You’re keen to understand our clients’ business challenges (especially in the technology sector) and use that knowledge to deliver communications and experiences which will successfully reach their audiences.
- You know how to get the most out of technologies and channels – so they can be used effectively to execute big ideas. You know tips and tricks for creating excellent, attention grabbing content and you get the most out of the budget.
- Demonstrate experience of working with creatives to support, challenge and aid development during the idea process.
- Experience of managing delivery within an agency environment, implementing innovative, interactive experiences.
- Extensive knowledge of project management methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall, Lean, etc. with experience of implementing these for live experiences. Ability to draw on elements of different methodologies that work for differing partners, timelines or projects.
- Experienced in the deployment of experiential technologies onsite at events, exhibitions, galleries, pop ups etc. Understand relevant testing requirements for successful delivery and have previous experience working with technical production teams to understand hardware and connectivity requirements.
- You have sufficient technical knowledge to foresee and address digital production issues, hold suppliers to account on agreed scope and help to ensure that our quality standards are upheld.
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritise, manage, and execute projects across multiple clients.
- Working experience with emerging technologies such as VR, AR, AI and big data. Knowledge of prototyping practices is beneficial. As a minimum you’ll have experience of building, testing and delivering email, web and mobile projects.
- Strong professional service focus including ability to remain flexible and collaborative when under pressure.
- Must be reliable, accountable and dedicated to the success of assigned projects.
- Exceptional presentation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Driven with a high energy level and ability to be self-motivated.
- Solution focused approach that can understand the practical and operational implications.