As Senior Strategist you will be responsible for supporting the department’s delivery of client service strategic and creative planning capabilities for IBM, the agency’s largest account. You will work with both the local strategy team and as part of a global GPJ network which services the IBM account worldwide.
Supporting the strategy and client leads in developing our knowledge and insight. Ensuring that we have the information which directs and validates our strategic counsel and creative platform generation.
- Be a trusted member of the strategy team. Providing the client service leads with ongoing and well supported insight development. To underpin our proposals and recommendations to clients on strategic communication issues, across allocated accounts
- Support the development of client account planning, as required, look for incremental revenue opportunities
- Be a go-to-person on the account. Presenting alongside account management leadership, running workshops, attending key meetings & adding value
- Assisting client teams to establish clear metrics to evaluate the achievement of client marketing objectives and aggregating the information for presentation
- Lead the research, knowledge and recommendations for client involvement in industry 3rd party events. Put forward opportunities for IBM thought leaders to speak at relevant events and trade/sector content initiatives
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day strategic support for assigned clients
- An understanding of and able to take direction on the implementation of research projects and data analysis and application – lead/inform client workshops
- Take ownership of category and industry insight analysis
Creative Strategy and Planning
- Support the creative brief writing process with audience insight research and client product/service category investigation
- An understanding of and able to take direction on the implementation and development of consumer journey communications planning
- Oversee the creative process from a strategic perspective, helping to ensure solutions are strategically sound and assisting creative colleagues with identifying the right opportunities
- Help to mentor less experienced members of the team in strategic thinking & communications
- Act as a knowledgeable partner to colleagues and clients alike
- Support with the development of thought leadership or marketing initiatives where necessary
- Attend industry events and provide feedback for the team
- Collaborate with global GPJ colleagues to build shared expertise and community
GPJ is the world’s premier event marketing and experience marketing agency. We work with leading global companies who are looking for innovative experiential marketing solutions. To motivate their customers and create value for their brands through live experiences.
To maintain our position at the forefront of change requires strategic thinking that pushes us to imagine, design, build, and manage the most innovative, successful, and award-winning experiential marketing programmes in the world. Great strategy is the springboard to game changing creativity.
The Strategy Department is responsible for supporting GPJ in three areas, Clients, Creative and Culture.
- Lead the origination of knowledge and insight for our clients; to provide our client account teams with supportive rigour for GPJ’s consultative process
- Oversee the development and management of GPJ approaches to experience planning – a combination of creating bespoke and using trusted methodologies
- Assist the client account teams to implement ongoing action plans designed to achieve long term growth
- Ensure that GPJ is continually delivering measurement and evaluation systems to underpin effectiveness. Lead the development of data and research capabilities
- Build effective client relationships, able to understand and respond the client’s agenda and is able to help unlock future client opportunities
- Oversee the creative planning function with creative brief development, including audience insight generation; distilling client briefs to clear business challenges/purpose and single-minded propositions, to inform the development of the creative process
- Act as a guardian for our client’s business interests, understanding how they intersect with audience needs and where value can be achieved
- Provide expert support in audience trends helping to design audience centric solutions and audience journey planning
- Collaborate with creative/digital leadership to ensure we are at the forefront in understanding trends in brand architecture, marketing communication technologies, especially in relation to the event and experience industry
- Ensure the inclusion of strategic rigour in projects, fostering a culture of consumer centricity, effectiveness and continuous improvement across the agency
- Support the development of new agency tools and capabilities
- Creative problem solving for projects, processes & account strategy
To apply please visit: https://www.castlebell.co.uk/job/senior-strategist-events-agency-313.aspx