Join a team made up of thinkers, creators, and makers; excited to run head-on into the challenges facing the world’s most respected brands. We’re looking for an experienced Account Director to come join us and ensure we are maximising opportunities across our existing global client portfolio, focusing on accounts which we currently do not have traction with in the UK market.
As Account Director, you will collaborate with global account leadership and cross-functional teams to develop the plans and identify opportunities. In this role, you will lead the planning and development of our relationships with the local key stakeholders. In addition oversee the execution of individual projects, taking responsibility for ensuring that agency output adheres to client objectives, meets client deadlines and achieves agency quality standards.
- Responsible for growth of accounts, client success and account profitability
- Generate solutions to our clients’ most pressing business and brand objectives through effective management of GPJ’s resources and solutions
- Responsible for the nurturing, retention, and growth of specifically allocated client accounts. Taking the lead in focusing the strategic direction of the accounts and being viewed as a trusted partner.
- Provide the client with a consultancy service, offering expert knowledge of how the client’s objectives can be realised through the event and brand experience medium. This might require challenging the client’s brief, proactive solutions, competitor analysis and global industry knowledge
- Harnessing of project teams to pitch and deliver experiences for the client to the highest standard=
- Develop account plans to document opportunities within client relationships and define strategies and tactics for realising them. Use intellectual curiosity and tenacity to find new solutions to real business issues
- Accountable in the achievement of your client profitability goals
- Collaborating with global colleagues develop strategic plans and objectives and be a subject matter expert on the client’s brand, business and industry
- Demonstrate account accountability by delivering measurable results and solutions
- Accountable for delivering against set and agreed KPIs
- Maintain and grow client and agency relationship; build trust and engagement with senior level clients and vendors
- Define a vision for the account, including linkage with the wider project team to ensure resources align with this vision
- Lead and inspire a high performing pitch / project team (eg. high trust, committed, effective conflict management, focus on accountability and results)
- Mentor and motivate junior account team members to enable them to produce their best work
- Provide the marketing team with PR ideas, editorial content, assist with awards entries and act as company lead for any trade associations relevant to your business unit.
- Demonstrate an expert knowledge on the role of events and brand experiences against client’s business objectives and challenges
- Develop inter-agency relationships with representatives from key agencies that the client may work with – PR, Communications, sport sponsorship – to ensure that the event experiences fits inside an overall campaign
What you bring
Command: Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to understand pre-event and on-site methodology and best practices and hold internal and external teams accountable for deliverables according to the production timeline and project objectives. A self-starter who promotes a culture of entrepreneurial spirit.
Inspiration: At ease in a fast-paced environment, you can apply your sharp business acumen with a results orientated approach. A natural collaborator you thrive by leading from the front but bring other people along with you to achieve unified goals. You are a champion of high quality outcome and demonstrate an affinity with the brands you lead.
Fortitude: Your ability to multi-task, problem solve and prioritise is contagious. You inspire confidence, empathy and understanding, that together the team can overcome any challenge and unearth new opportunities.
Foresight: You know how the puzzle pieces fit together. You plan for the challenges, but expect the best. And you know how to deliver in order to meet deadlines. You’ve already thought of the next step (or five) before being asked. You stay calm when there are changes to the plan and you’re a veteran at going to “Plan B”.
Flexibility and Adaptability: You have an agile mindset. You keep everything in perspective and lead your account that way. You are culturally aware and move with the times.
Your Background, Skills & Experience
- Proven track record of increasing client spend and identifying new business opportunities
- Experience with significantly complex projects and events (including examples such as but limited to: multiple workstream / dimensions, more complex internal team / client team)
- Exhibit a clear understanding of multi-channel marketing (including digitally integrated event and experiential marketing) concepts, terminology, strategies, brand management best practices, and marketplace execution of concepts
- Experience working with Fortune 500 brands strongly desired
- May have one or more direct reports
- Takes an entrepreneurial approach to create and develop account/program strategic direction and objectives; proactively engage with and enable/inspire the team to add innovative strategic and creative contributions
- Able to lead and inspire a high performing team (e.g., high trust, committed, effective conflict management, focus on accountability and results)
- Experience and confidence engaging and building respected, trusted peer-to-peer relationships with senior level client side marketing executives
- Able to have strategic, complex financial conversations with clients
- Strong proficiency in Google Workspace software
- Ability to travel as required
- Ability to work irregular hours in addition to normal business hours, to include nights, weekends and holidays as needed
Karen Rice, Talent Acquisition Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org