Senior Live Production & Content Producer
As a Senior (Live Production & Content) Producer you will play an important role in implementing our clients’ objectives, addressing the clients’ business challenges, working in collaboration with colleagues in the Strategy & Planning, Creative, Digital disciplines, and the Integrated Production team to deliver the project on time, on budget and on brief.
GPJ will look to the Senior Producer to work either independently on a project or be a key player on larger projects, under the guidance of the Executive Producer. As Senior Producer, you will champion your area of Integrated Production expertise within the business, providing excellent service to our clients, commercial success for GPJ and the continued growth and development of your competency across the agency’s Integrated Production team.
- Manage complex project/s, often simultaneously, managing workflows across creative, content development and production, aligning resource based on appropriate skillsets/in line with client expectations.
- A main contributor for devising scopes of works for production elements within new projects and pitches.
- Responsible for the creation and ongoing management of project schedules, running orders, timelines and plans to ensure programmes are in line with the overarching project plan/client deliverables.
- Responsible for proactively advising the project lead/client on all and any delivery and operational considerations.
- Develop and/or approve budgets, timelines and supplier contributions, in response to specific client and business needs.
- Accountable for the quality of delivery within yours and your direct team’s remit, including the provision of proactive operational expertise to the client / project lead as required.
- Work in close partnership with the Creative Directors and Strategists to identify and meet the clients’ strategic objectives whilst adhering to all operational considerations and parameters.
- Lead key client and internal meetings to provide input / expertise related to production elements within yours and your team’s remit.
- Maintain ongoing cross-and inter-agency collaboration to ensure an aligned approach for meeting client objectives.
- Recruitment; identifying and securing the best industry talent.
- Understand and be able to communicate knowledge of the skill sets and abilities across the Integrated Production department.
- Support the Integrated Production Leadership Team with successfully casting the appropriate resource to the accounts and projects.
- Demonstrate leadership attributes, managing substantial teams across the business, supporting change, managing yours and your team’s workload, instilling best practice.
- Ability to clearly communicate performance expectations to your direct reports and line manager.
- Ability to nurture, grow and develop your direct reports and project team.
- Drive, support and champion Talent initiatives where agreed and necessary.
- Work in close partnership with the Executive Producers to ensure successful management and retention of key clients and projects.
- Partner with clients to provide strategic oversight and counsel on deliverables, managing client expectations accordingly.
- Collaborate with the Executive Producers on understanding and informing clients’ objectives, ensuring project outputs meet these objectives and deliver great results and unlock future opportunities.
- Articulate, write and present a clear vision of project success, in order to gain the confidence of a client audience, providing guidance and counsel where relevant.
New Business Development
- Support the pitch lead when required, by managing the production elements of the pitch process.
- Responsible for providing timely and accurate support and guidance on RFPs.
- Contribute towards the commercial requirements and third-party budget requests for relevant areas of a pitch brief.
- Attend and present pitch presentations when required.
- Actively promote GPJ through best practice.
- Understand the vision and strategy of GPJ and spot opportunities to support commercial growth.
- Support the Head of Department with scoping for all and any production requirements within new projects, with a commercial focus on the use of people’s time.
- You will be accountable for the profitability of your budget areas (on mid-to-large scale deliveries), protecting the commercial health of projects including the ongoing management of the SOW with the GPJ project team.
- Work in close collaboration with the Executive Producer on the ongoing management of project forecasting.
- Work with the account leads to identify commercial opportunities within your area of the business
- Responsible for overseeing and approving high-value vendor quotes and change orders, with a continuous focus on how to drive value, profitability and efficiency.
- Lead on, or supporting the Executive Producer with, numerous timely and accurate budget reconciliations simultaneously, often across multiple currencies.
- Ongoing evaluation of job/cost reports and timesheets – proactively addressing issues and making recommendations ahead of time.
- You demonstrate a calm and positive attitude.
- You are curious to constantly question, innovate, be open to and identify new ways of working
- You inspire your team to learn, grow and be curious.
- You provide healthy challenge to clients and colleagues in order to get to a more successful result/outcome.
- You are adaptable and open to unexpected requests and ways of working.
- You are always willing to help other people within the project, across departments.
- You’re curious and eager to learn about the industry, clients’ business and tech solutions.
- You are solutions focused and a creative problem solver.
- You’re a challenger who is always looking to improve work rather than, ‘we’ve always done it like this’!
- You are persistent to follow up with stakeholders and clients but demonstrate empathy in understanding the agency and Executive Producers’ workload.
- You are truly passionate about planning and delivering a best-in-class event.
- You have the ability to adapt your working style and practices quickly to respond to different projects in terms of scale, content, complexity.
Your Background, Skills & Experience
- An effective communicator who is honest, clear and constructive with your communications, including a strong command of written English.
- Active listening skills and can remain open-minded in all situations.
- Ability to lead and support courageous conversations.
- Decisive, with the ability to make several decisions at once, and quickly.
- Previous management experience.
- Experience of managing complex project/s.
- Experience of managing budgets.
- Experience in managing live productions, such as delivering keynote auditorium productions, awards ceremonies, musical events through to experience in digital/online delivery.
- Experience in managing the development of presentation and video content, working with Graphics, Video and Client teams.
- Experience in working with Showcallers is important – the ability to Showcall is a plus!